Neuberger Berman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Representative Interview

Registered Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the financial industry   Answer Question

Client Services Interview

Client Services
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Question – How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Business Chief Operating Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Question – Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Client Services Interview

Client Services
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Interview Details – Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

Interview Question – NONE   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Interview Question – Why NB?   Answer Question

Portfolio Associate Interview

Portfolio Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

Interview Details – The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Internal Wholesaler
New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager will try and make you feel very comfortable, to see what you reveal about yourself. They will ask you specifics of why you think will succeed in this competitive industry. What makes you different? They will want to know, what motivates you, how you handle rejection and your career goals. Not very difficult interview process.

Interview Question – What quality in an employee do you think is over rater, that a manager may think is important?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

Interview Details – After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Interview Question – What was your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

In-House Counsel Interview

In-House Counsel
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an in-house counsel position and no one bothered to respond to my numerous attempts to follow up. I don't know the status of my candidacy but I assume they are no longer interested. I would have appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" email, at least.

Interview Question – Explaining gaps in my resume.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neuberger Berman interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neuberger Berman employees and interview candidates.