Neuberger Berman

Neuberger Berman Interview Questions in New York City, NY

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2013.

Interview process was fairly simple. I met with the VP and SVP of the department. Questions were simple and all behavioral.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman.

Only had one interview however very thorough in their interview questioning

There was no negotiation

Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in March 2012.

The HR person failed to mention that they gave the candidacy to someone else, after I had emailed him several times. Had no feedback regarding the resume. Very rude over email.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
    I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
    I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Business Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2011.

I was contacted by a Neuberger Berman Human Resources Recruiter, who was extremely nice. He attempted to push me in the direction of my existing work however, I wanted a change. After a 45 mnute conversation, he went to management and they agreed to give me an opportunity to prove myself. I went in for 3 interviews before being hired.

Interview Questions
    • Relating my sales/finance experience to business coordinator role and the work involved.   View Answer
    There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in September 2010.

After being contacted by the internal recruiting dept, I was phone screened and then brought in for a first round interview. I met with a variety of people within the group - ranging from the VP of the group to people that would be my peers. Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly and asked very fair interview questions. I was also given the opportunity to ask questions to each interviewer.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in May 2010.

Interviewed for 2 positions at NB. Both times, interviews were set up directly by the group who was hiring. I went through 2 rounds for each position & met with various team members. I took a position elsewhere, but wished NB communicated the outcomes of their decision to me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your current team's culture?   View Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in April 2010.

The hiring manager will try and make you feel very comfortable, to see what you reveal about yourself. They will ask you specifics of why you think will succeed in this competitive industry. What makes you different? They will want to know, what motivates you, how you handle rejection and your career goals. Not very difficult interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What quality in an employee do you think is over rater, that a manager may think is important?   Answer Question

In-House Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Neuberger Berman in December 2009.

I interviewed for an in-house counsel position and no one bothered to respond to my numerous attempts to follow up. I don't know the status of my candidacy but I assume they are no longer interested. I would have appreciated a "thanks but no thanks" email, at least.