1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Neuberger Berman in February 2012.

I applied online and HR called me about a week later. When I answered the phone, the HR rep did not identify where he was from nor ask if it was an OK time to talk. He asked me a few questions about my background and experience, which I was reluctant to answer because I had no idea who he was. At the end of the call, he wanted me to come in and meet others the next day. . I only found out where he was calling from when he sent me an email confirming the interviews I had the following day.
I met with three people - the person who would be my manager, one person who would be my peer and one person who would report into me. I thought the interviews went well and I had established a good rapport with the three people.
I did not hear anything back on the status of my candidacy at all despite following up a few times with both HR and my potential manager. I only found out I did not get the job when the person who got the job showed up in the “People You May Know” feature on LinkedIn.

Interview Questions

Worked for Neuberger Berman? Contribute to the Community!