Neudesic

Neudesic Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neudesic.

Email application to manager. Next day follow up/schedule one-one interview. Interview day - many technical questions asked mostly from beginners programming courses and software engineering questions ie. difference between methodologies, steps in developing an application, how to setup teams etc...

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked: what is; OOP, Agile process, difference between private, public and protected members, difference between for and foreach loop, mainly technical questions asked.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Neudesic in June 2014.

Interview was scheduled quickly. Had two people review my resume. Asked many questions out of my resume. Checked for the breadth of my knowledge areas. They asked me to explain my project. Gave me a real time problem and 'use any thing you want to solve' freedom. Tried to check my analytical understanding, ability to communicate and listen, basics of programming skills. It was easy on the white board. At the end they gave a simple math problem to solve which I almost did.

HR experience was a bit bad. They delayed infinitely before they gave an offer letter. This was my second offer.

Interview Questions
    • A city has thousands of addresses, I need to filter out specific addresses and then re-filter them based on another constraint and list them. It was like a small real world problem.   Answer Question
    55K (offer issued)
    65K (offer negotiated)
    62K (offerred)

QA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neudesic in May 2014.

Started with a phone call from their talent procurement team in another state. Followed up a couple days later with a phone interview from the QA Manager. Soon after went in to their, seemingly empty, office.

Interviewed with first, and again, with the QA Manager and a Sr. QA (forgot his actual title). Lots of questions around the SDLC process and QA Process. Lots of buzz word terminology created to make your eyes cross so you lose focus. I didn't know all the terms for all the processes as I have no need to say them on a day to day or even year to year.

Immediately after that I was in a 1-on-1 with a guy that was the head of hiring essentially from what I gathered, but also dealt with lots of customers. Somewhat more relaxed interview than the previous tech heavy part. This one focused on what a consultant does and hyping up extreme-agile. "Bonuses" were brought up (by him) and talked about. Got the impression that if not directly on a consulting job, still required to show up to the office and mostly unpaid time. While on a job, have to be "billable" for at least 40hrs but likely will work more per week (impression given). Was given his business card to ask any followup questions.

Few days later received email from the first talent scout stating they've gone with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Create 20 test cases for a 2-digit field with a submit button.   View Answer

QA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neudesic in April 2014.

3 separate interviews. First was with the recruiter. Second was a technical interview with the head of QA to determine where you place (Associate consultant, Seniyor I, II, III, Principal, etc.). Third and final interview was on Skype with the director of Operations asking basic questions like what do you think is the difference between a contractor vs consultant, etc. alongside another QA employee at or above your determined grade asking very technical questions about QA. All answers are available at qaquestions.net.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions if you are an experienced QA. However, be prepared to give an start to end explanation of what you would do if presented with X product (Start with a Test Plan.........).   Answer Question
    No Negotiation - VERY generous with their offers if you prove to be an asset.

Consultant I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neudesic.

1 interview with HR, 2 technical interviews over the phone, 1 interview with manager over the phone

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neudesic in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, who spent two days questioning me to make sure my background was a match. After she was satisfied that it was, she contacted Neudesic and set up an interview. The recruiter, Neudesic and I all agreed to the meeting, money and job responsibilities before the meeting. I was interviewed by a marketing manager who had only been hired less than 6 months ago himself. After speaking to him for nearly an hour, he asked if I had time to meet 2 other people.

One of them was leaving for another job but, this particular manager wanted his input for his own replacement. I spoke to this guy for another 30 minutes. Finally, they brought in a 3rd guy, who apparently carries a lot of weight. I was told, if this guy signs off on you then you are in.

All 3 guys were emphatic that they kept hiring people who said they could do the job but really couldn't. They wanted to make sure that I could do everything my resume said, I could. I gave them real examples of how I solved similar problems and suggested tools that could help. (They all told me, they'd never even heard of such software).

I left after 2.5 hours with a positive feeling about the position. The recruiter contacted me two days later, to tell me that they thought I was great but, felt they could not afford me!?..

I reminded her that we'd already discussed money and everyone agreed to the same salary. The recruiter said that Neudesic decided to change the job responsibilities and look for "lower level" candidates and slash the hourly salary in half!

After spending two and a half hours complaining about lower level candidates, they finally meet someone who can do what they asked...and decided that they can't pay them??

It was a waste of my time and gas. The recruiter should have vetted Neudesic better and Neudesic should have better assessed their needs before giving everyone involved the total runaround.

If you know nothing about marketing, I highly encourage you to apply, you are exactly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • We've had several candidates who said, they could do this job but couldn't, how do you know you'll be able to do this job?   View Answer

BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neudesic in May 2013.

Fair interview and questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neudesic.

The hiring manage asked me to rank all of my skills in scale from 0 to 10. Coming from a research background working with lots of professors and the none of them has claimed he/she has any skill higher than 7 even in their most favorite languages. As a result, I ranked most of my favorite languages around 4-6 and I think the hiring manager felt that my skills are too weak for the position.

Director of Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neudesic in December 2012.

A pretty typical process of talking to HR and then going to the local office to do a couple technical screens and then meet with the managing director. For director/VP roles they will fly you to the HQ in Irvine, CA for a morning or afternoon of meetings in person or virtually with key leaders and at least one of the three company founders. I found this to be very refreshing for a 700+ person company coming from a large company like Microsoft where we never got to speak to senior leadership. For more technical roles (architect, principal, senior consultant) you will have a face to face or virtual meeting (in smaller office) with the technical leadership team for your practice (Application Platform or Business Productivity) where you will demonstrate your knowledge through technical Q&A and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty typical scenario based questions, projects and roles I had, and examples of how I worked with others. So I wasn't too surprised.   View Answer
    Know what other companies are offering for similar skills so you can negotiate the best rate possible. Because this was an executive position HR was willing to negotiate the salary and initial vacation time.

Senior Consultant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neudesic in July 2012.

My interview process started with direct conversation with the company’s HR – highly energetic and equally highly positive person. Very unique indeed. At a later time I had a technical phone interview that was followed by in-person interview. During the in-person interview discussion that took place involved conversation about the architecture (the technical component), about the Neudesic’s consulting practices and consulting in general, and about the organization and the organizational culture.
    The one thing that really stood up was the level of professionalism of all the people that I came in contact with along with their friendliness. It gave the impression of the company that values you, compensates you well, expects high quality work but plays very fair and tries to make work very enjoyable. I am looking forward to my first day at Neudesic in a bit over a week from now.

Interview Questions
    • A lot focus was on ETL aspect of BI (SSIS) and that is not my as strong part as SSAS and SSAS. I had to illustrate, on a white board, ETL architecute of the last full BI implementation.   Answer Question
    The was no negotiation on my part as my expectations were fully satisfied with the initial offer.