Neustar Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2014
Updated May 27, 2014

3.2

Demand Generation Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar in May 2014.

30 minute intro call with talent acquisition staff who was very concise and professional. 4 to 5 face to face interviews and 3 conference calls with a variety of employees from different business segments of the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you are ready and familiar with the position and what the company does no problem   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Neustar.

Unexpected lengthy process with an unnecessarily long online application process of which the information is not used at all in the process. Hiring managers talk more about the benefits and the wonderful workplace than the actual position and what needs to be accomplished. For the size of company the processes are very arduous and cumbersome, the timing of the offer was longer than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about managing difficult management situations and how you would solve them.   Answer Question
    Little back and forth, do not move on basics but will move on cash.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neustar.

Phone screening, personality based interview, technical interview and sometimes yet another interview with the director/VP

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neustar in July 2011.

Had an initial phone screen followed by two in person interviews. There were only two people in the first in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly there were no really hard technical questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Ask some programming questions, ask about background and projects.

Interview Questions
    • how would you know a user is accessing your website from mobile phone or computer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar in March 2012.

1 phone screening, 1 on site interview

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Neustar in September 2012.

Interviewed with peers and some executives to determine mutual interest and fit. Got to see the work environment. People were candid about what was working and what wasn't and how the role would help address what wasn't working. Very forward thinking.

Make sure your compensation expectations are outlined at the beginning so the offer you get is as close to what you want - versus having them guess.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Neustar.

I had a slow but effective onboarding process. I started as a contractor first, then was hired permanently.

Interview Questions
    • My hiring manager knew me, so there were no difficult questions, but I did have to go through a background check.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

My interview was very informal and long before neustar acquired the company.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar in April 2010.

1 set of interviews by a technical group with at least 1 in-depth interview. 1 set of interviews for non-technical staff including senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Who shot first, Han or Greedo? I'm not joking I was asked that.   View Answer

Worked for Neustar? Contribute to the Community!