Neustar

Neustar Interview Questions

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neustar.

First interview was an HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was a round of 3 interviews with upper management. Most questions were skills related and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Always know about the company in any interview. They were pleasantly surprised I read up on the company before the interview.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neustar.

Applied via university career website. Got an email a week later and a phone interview 1 day after phone. The interview was based on Resume and background. They were looking for a data mining specialist with lots of programming and machine learning experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neustar in February 2013.

I was referred for this position by a current employee and spoke to someone in HR before they set me up to speak to the Manager. After a phone interview I then went in to meet with the Manager and a few members of the team where we discussed my background and the requirements for the position. It was a very good experience for me and all the people were very friendly. They unfortunately decided to go with another candidate for this role, but hopefully will keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled with some of the technical questions, but think overall things went well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neustar in January 2013.

Had not heard of Neustar until the HR recruiter called and introduced himself. Initially I was not interested but after the conversation I was intrigued and gave permission to send my resume on for review. I interviewed within that week and felt I was well informed walking in. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, was a mix of the general getting to know you and technical interview with some code samples. Felt I did well but got the sense they were looking for someone a bit more senior and that they just started the hiring process. Recruiter followed up regularly over the next few weeks and was up font in telling me they were continuing to interview and that he would keep me in mind for any other opportunities that may open up. Not sure if the position has been filled yet or not. I still remain interested and would certainly consider interviewing at Neustar again.

Interview Questions
    • A few questions around big data technologies that I have not had the opportunity to work with at all.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Neustar in December 2012.

I got referred by an employee for QA Engineer position and I heard good things about the company so I decided to go for it. At first they requested a phone interview, but then they skipped that and went straight for an on-site interview. I talked with 3 QA engineers and finally with the VP, everything went smoothly and I got a positive feedback during the interview. However, after the interviews nobody actually got back to me, I tried sending couple of follow-ups to people I talked to during the process, but no luck. What a joke...

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Neustar in September 2012.

Interviewed with peers and some executives to determine mutual interest and fit. Got to see the work environment. People were candid about what was working and what wasn't and how the role would help address what wasn't working. Very forward thinking.

Make sure your compensation expectations are outlined at the beginning so the offer you get is as close to what you want - versus having them guess.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neustar in March 2012.

1 phone screening, 1 on site interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neustar in March 2012.

My interview was fairly non-standard, since my interviewer had specifically requested me (we met on a project during my internship last year, and he was impressed with how well I worked for an underclassman university student.). I was presented with an actual problem that the group was planning on having me work on, and was asked about how I would approach the problem. It was very imformal, and very relaxed, with us just sitting in a small conference room and working through the problem.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was about how to solve the problem they were facing.   View Answer
    There was no negotionation, I was applying for an internship, and was just happy to have a job for the summer.

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Neustar in August 2011.

Most bizarre interview I ever had. First guy (potential boss) I talked to was busy making airport and car reservations on his computer for his daugher. He would ask something and then turn to the monitor, clicking around while I answered. He took a cell phone call during our "talk" and also talked to some people passing by in the hall a few times. He still hadn't finished making his reservations by the end of the "interview".

From there, went to talk to a peer manager. He seemed very uncomfortable and not at all enthusiastic about the interview (maybe he wanted the same position?). He asked a few questions about Agile and did not appear to like my answers. Then he went straight to a programming puzzle type question which I fumbled because at this point I was very rattled by the whole process. After that, he said "okay, we're done" and showed me the door. I was glad to get out of there and the solution to the puzzle came to me in the elevator.

Truly the most bizarre interview I've ever had.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neustar in July 2011.

Had an initial phone screen followed by two in person interviews. There were only two people in the first in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly there were no really hard technical questions   Answer Question