Neustar Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Neustar (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR and then direct on-site interview. Met with the Director and was asked basic questions, What is closure? Also, questions related to jquery,Ajax..

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty starigtforward and did not take any ugly turn..   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, interview with Manager, interview with Director, phone interview with VP

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what DNS is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was painless. They offered me what I was looking for in the offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neustar (Mountain View, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter form Neustar who set me up with a phone interview with hiring manager. Then was asked to come in and interview with future co-worker, product manager, head of product, and director.

TPM Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Found the internship posting on my universities engineering school listserve. Then I sent my resume off to the job poster, not a recruiter but the actual manager. I then had a 15 minute interview with her and she asked me a lot about my experience with project management within my academic experiences, no technical questions, pretty easy and relaxed interview. Then had a second interview with another manager and had a similar interview with him. All of this happened within a 2-week span and I was offered the job 2 days after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain what software engineering is in your own terms   Answer Question

Director of Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neustar (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

VP called me. Chatted on the phone (he was remote) for an hour. Then next day I spoke to the CTO. That was pretty much it. After that I got a call from the recruiter who haggled with me for every dollar and every unit of stock pretty much. But we worked something out and then I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly difficult. The hiring manager asked about my management style etc but no technical questions per say.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA).

Interview

First interview was an HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was a round of 3 interviews with upper management. Most questions were skills related and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Always know about the company in any interview. They were pleasantly surprised I read up on the company before the interview.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neustar.

Interview

Applied via university career website. Got an email a week later and a phone interview 1 day after phone. The interview was based on Resume and background. They were looking for a data mining specialist with lots of programming and machine learning experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neustar (Sterling, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred for this position by a current employee and spoke to someone in HR before they set me up to speak to the Manager. After a phone interview I then went in to meet with the Manager and a few members of the team where we discussed my background and the requirements for the position. It was a very good experience for me and all the people were very friendly. They unfortunately decided to go with another candidate for this role, but hopefully will keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• I struggled with some of the technical questions, but think overall things went well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neustar in January 2013.

Interview

Had not heard of Neustar until the HR recruiter called and introduced himself. Initially I was not interested but after the conversation I was intrigued and gave permission to send my resume on for review. I interviewed within that week and felt I was well informed walking in. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, was a mix of the general getting to know you and technical interview with some code samples. Felt I did well but got the sense they were looking for someone a bit more senior and that they just started the hiring process. Recruiter followed up regularly over the next few weeks and was up font in telling me they were continuing to interview and that he would keep me in mind for any other opportunities that may open up. Not sure if the position has been filled yet or not. I still remain interested and would certainly consider interviewing at Neustar again.

Interview Questions

• A few questions around big data technologies that I have not had the opportunity to work with at all.   Answer Question

Soft Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Neustar (Mountain View, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I got a call from recrutor first. the next day I got a phone interview from the hiring manager. then the onsite interview with the team. the interviewers are very experienced and smart. The people asked very sharp questions, but they are very friendly, and help to resolve the problems. I like their work style.