Neustar Interview Questions in Washington, DC

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Neustar.

Unexpected lengthy process with an unnecessarily long online application process of which the information is not used at all in the process. Hiring managers talk more about the benefits and the wonderful workplace than the actual position and what needs to be accomplished. For the size of company the processes are very arduous and cumbersome, the timing of the offer was longer than expected.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about managing difficult management situations and how you would solve them.   Answer Question
    Little back and forth, do not move on basics but will move on cash.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Neustar in July 2011.

Had an initial phone screen followed by two in person interviews. There were only two people in the first in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly there were no really hard technical questions   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Neustar in September 2012.

Interviewed with peers and some executives to determine mutual interest and fit. Got to see the work environment. People were candid about what was working and what wasn't and how the role would help address what wasn't working. Very forward thinking.

Make sure your compensation expectations are outlined at the beginning so the offer you get is as close to what you want - versus having them guess.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar in April 2010.

1 set of interviews by a technical group with at least 1 in-depth interview. 1 set of interviews for non-technical staff including senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Who shot first, Han or Greedo? I'm not joking I was asked that.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar.

First, I had a phone screen with a recruiter shortly after applying online. Then, I was invited in for a face to face interview with the team, including my immediate manager. I received my offer within roughly one week and started a few weeks later. Overall, a very smooth process!

I was very pleased with my offer and did not need to negotiate anything except for my start date (I wanted to start a week later than the original offer and they agreed).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Neustar.

First interview was an HR screening, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that was a round of 3 interviews with upper management. Most questions were skills related and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Always know about the company in any interview. They were pleasantly surprised I read up on the company before the interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neustar in February 2013.

I was referred for this position by a current employee and spoke to someone in HR before they set me up to speak to the Manager. After a phone interview I then went in to meet with the Manager and a few members of the team where we discussed my background and the requirements for the position. It was a very good experience for me and all the people were very friendly. They unfortunately decided to go with another candidate for this role, but hopefully will keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled with some of the technical questions, but think overall things went well.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Neustar in December 2012.

I got referred by an employee for QA Engineer position and I heard good things about the company so I decided to go for it. At first they requested a phone interview, but then they skipped that and went straight for an on-site interview. I talked with 3 QA engineers and finally with the VP, everything went smoothly and I got a positive feedback during the interview. However, after the interviews nobody actually got back to me, I tried sending couple of follow-ups to people I talked to during the process, but no luck. What a joke...

Slave Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neustar in September 2008.

Typical hiring process and interview. Nothing outstanding to report here.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Neustar in March 2012.

My interview was fairly non-standard, since my interviewer had specifically requested me (we met on a project during my internship last year, and he was impressed with how well I worked for an underclassman university student.). I was presented with an actual problem that the group was planning on having me work on, and was asked about how I would approach the problem. It was very imformal, and very relaxed, with us just sitting in a small conference room and working through the problem.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was about how to solve the problem they were facing.   View Answer
    There was no negotionation, I was applying for an internship, and was just happy to have a job for the summer.

Worked for Neustar? Contribute to the Community!