New Balance

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at New Balance.

I came in to get an application after I read about an opening online. The guy immediately asked "please don't be 17" and I said I'm not. I am 16. He said "even worse, come back in 2 years." Why list an opening without putting any job requirements?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Balance in September 2014.

I got asked a few questions, just be friendly and as genuine as possible. The store really needed people so the same day they interviewed me, they called me. Very friendly and helpful management where I work.

Salary, hours

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Balance in April 2014.

Applied in December, got a call in April. Interview was short, about 15 minutes, very easy, casual questions. I had no real job experience just volunteer work. I got the job and the starting salary was very good and we get 40% off products.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was honestly "Why do you want to work here" because I honestly just needed a job I didn't care where...   View Answer
    No negotiation, starting pay was great for no job experience.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New Balance.

I first received a call from the HR hiring representative, then interviewed with that person in their office, then interviewed with members of the Customer Care department, then had a sit down conversation with the GM.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately I do not remember the most difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Balance in November 2013.

I had a face to face interview with my former manager, then I had a phone screen with the someone who supposedly was tasked with architecture but he had no idea what he was doing and openly admitted he had no idea. He just wanted to hear me talk.

Interview Questions
    I just accepted, I heard it was a great company to work for. And it was great in the beginning.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New Balance in October 2013.

Hired by a local company in Missouri, and was really confused about the business plan the company was trying to achieve.

Interview Questions
    • If my schedule would be a hindrance on my personal life,   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

One interview with manager with lots of questions of past and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about the brand the most? Also what makes NB different than other brands?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Balance.

Make sure you are very personable open and have customer service experience research the new balance company and they will love that you know your stuff including make sure that you mention to lead by example they are very BIG on that and good luck

Interview Questions
    yes it was negotiable and very easy

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fenton, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New Balance in August 2013.

I applied online. The recruiter emailed me and we set up a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, we set up an in person interview with the department manager and the person that would be your direct supervisor if hired. After the interview, I waited a few days and I sent an email to the recruiter. About 5 minutes later I go a call and they offered me the job barring passing a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Very long in person interview. I probably took a little over an hour. They really pry deep into your work history. They asked a question about what the job listing. What from the listing made you want to apply? It seems simple, but it was kind of difficult. Be sure to really review the listing and the site before the in person interview.   View Answer
    The pay was set.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Balance in August 2013.

The owner is great, he's straight forward, personable and dedicated to finding the best possible candidate for the position; he has a lot invested in the company and is willing to find out whether or not you would be a good fit the position, for both the sake of the candidate and the company

Interview Questions
    • Mine was about overcoming objections; example would be, "Given scenario x how would you handle y's objection."   Answer Question