New Balance

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at New Balance in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hired by a local company in Missouri, and was really confused about the business plan the company was trying to achieve.

Interview Question – If my schedule would be a hindrance on my personal life,   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Balance in June 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was with an HR rep and she was nice, easy to talk to, and encouraging. Second and third interviews were with the hiring manager and then his boss. Both of those interviews were relatively easy too - no difficult questions or role play scenarios.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New Balance.

Interview Details – I first received a call from the HR hiring representative, then interviewed with that person in their office, then interviewed with members of the Customer Care department, then had a sit down conversation with the GM.

Interview Question – Unfortunately I do not remember the most difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Balance in August 2013.

Interview Details – The owner is great, he's straight forward, personable and dedicated to finding the best possible candidate for the position; he has a lot invested in the company and is willing to find out whether or not you would be a good fit the position, for both the sake of the candidate and the company

Interview Question – Mine was about overcoming objections; example would be, "Given scenario x how would you handle y's objection."   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Fenton, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at New Balance in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. The recruiter emailed me and we set up a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, we set up an in person interview with the department manager and the person that would be your direct supervisor if hired. After the interview, I waited a few days and I sent an email to the recruiter. About 5 minutes later I go a call and they offered me the job barring passing a background check.

Interview Question – Very long in person interview. I probably took a little over an hour. They really pry deep into your work history. They asked a question about what the job listing. What from the listing made you want to apply? It seems simple, but it was kind of difficult. Be sure to really review the listing and the site before the in person interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was set.

Interviewed at New Balance

Interview Details – One interview with manager with lots of questions of past and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Question – What do you like about the brand the most? Also what makes NB different than other brands?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Balance.

Interview Details – Make sure you are very personable open and have customer service experience research the new balance company and they will love that you know your stuff including make sure that you mention to lead by example they are very BIG on that and good luck

Interview Question – where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes it was negotiable and very easy

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at New Balance

Interview Details – I only had the phone screen with HR

Interview Question – They asked a lot of detailed questions about my previous positions   Answer Question

Vacaville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at New Balance in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the manager. When I came to the interview i wasn't aware that it was going to be a group interview. Overall the interview was unorganized and there were two people interviewing the group at the same time.

Interview Question – If you were a cereal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at New Balance in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially encouraged when I got an immediate response to my resume (as in I was contacted for an interview within an hour of submitting my application) and was pleased to schedule my phone interview. On the day of the interview, the recruiter (or HR person?) called me ten minutes late and then proceeded to read my resume to me and then asked me a number of questions that had nothing to do with the job description. Specifically, she asked me a lot about my experience with social media and event planning, things I have done at jobs in the past. She asked me very few questions that seemed relevant to being a retail manager -- it was one of the strangest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you defined the success of an event at your store.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New Balance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New Balance interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by New Balance employees and interview candidates.