New Constructs Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2014

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Constructs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at New Constructs in March 2014.

First round is a modeling/essay exercise. Second round is a phone interview with analysts. The final round is a 4 rounds of interviews with employees including with CEO. The final round took a long time and is really tiring(also includes modeling exercise)

Interview Questions
    • Typical DCF/Valuation questions. The most difficult were about FIFO/LIFO and Operating lease expensing. Just drill your technicals.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in December 2013.

I applied through my university, and received an response the next day from one of their analysts. They will send you a couple of excel exercises along with relative materials for you to complete. After reviewing your work, an analyst will set up a phone interview with you, followed by an on-site if you pass.

Associate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online - interviewed at New Constructs.

Part 1: They send you a programming exercise via email and give you two weeks to complete it. It's a Java exercise using Spring with 4 objectives to complete. Challenging and interesting, especially if you've never worked with the specifics before.

Part 2: On-site interview. 3-4 hours. Involves meeting with the engineering team, a couple analysts and the CEO. My interview involved a short whiteboard exercise as well. Interview ends with lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the whiteboard exercise, but I'd prefer not to disclose what it was.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in January 2012.

They send you an excel assignment to complete that involves financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, and Depreciation

Interview Questions
    • How does Depreciation effect the balance sheet?   View Answer

1st step: excel and financial modeling exercise. 2nd step: phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in January 2011.

It starts by submitting exercises completed in Word and Excel. After submitting those I was emailed the following week to set up a phone interview. The interview seemed alright. It was pretty standard (tell me about yourself, why finance,...). I was asked if I was fine working long hours during filing season. The stated pay was very low. I'm not sure if they think the experience is worth what you're making, or if they're taking advantage of the job market for college grads(especially those who were finance majors).

Interview Questions
    • What do you find appealing about New Constructs? What is least appealing?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you did not pick up on something as fast as others and what you did to overcome that?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Constructs in November 2011.

Received an invitation to complete a skills test including an essay and a modeling exercise. The company is kind to send additional material about the firm as well as analyst reports for reference; Two deadlines of the test were provided; The following step was phone interview with two analysts; And the final round would take place on-site

Interview Questions

Worked for New Constructs? Contribute to the Community!