New Constructs

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brentwood, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at New Constructs in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round is a modeling/essay exercise. Second round is a phone interview with analysts. The final round is a 4 rounds of interviews with employees including with CEO. The final round took a long time and is really tiring(also includes modeling exercise)

Interview Question – Typical DCF/Valuation questions. The most difficult were about FIFO/LIFO and Operating lease expensing. Just drill your technicals.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my university, and received an response the next day from one of their analysts. They will send you a couple of excel exercises along with relative materials for you to complete. After reviewing your work, an analyst will set up a phone interview with you, followed by an on-site if you pass.

Interview Question – How do you determine the terminal value   Answer Question

Associate Programmer Interview

Associate Programmer
Brentwood, TN

I applied online and interviewed at New Constructs.

Interview Details – Part 1: They send you a programming exercise via email and give you two weeks to complete it. It's a Java exercise using Spring with 4 objectives to complete. Challenging and interesting, especially if you've never worked with the specifics before.

Part 2: On-site interview. 3-4 hours. Involves meeting with the engineering team, a couple analysts and the CEO. My interview involved a short whiteboard exercise as well. Interview ends with lunch.

Interview Question – Probably the whiteboard exercise, but I'd prefer not to disclose what it was.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Brentwood, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in January 2012.

Interview Details – They send you an excel assignment to complete that involves financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, and Depreciation

Interview Question – How does Depreciation effect the balance sheet?   View Answer

Brentwood, TN

Interview Details – 1st step: excel and financial modeling exercise. 2nd step: phone interview

Interview Questions

Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at New Constructs in January 2011.

Interview Details – It starts by submitting exercises completed in Word and Excel. After submitting those I was emailed the following week to set up a phone interview. The interview seemed alright. It was pretty standard (tell me about yourself, why finance,...). I was asked if I was fine working long hours during filing season. The stated pay was very low. I'm not sure if they think the experience is worth what you're making, or if they're taking advantage of the job market for college grads(especially those who were finance majors).

Interview Questions

• What do you find appealing about New Constructs? What is least appealing?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time where you did not pick up on something as fast as others and what you did to overcome that?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Constructs in November 2011.

Interview Details – Received an invitation to complete a skills test including an essay and a modeling exercise. The company is kind to send additional material about the firm as well as analyst reports for reference; Two deadlines of the test were provided; The following step was phone interview with two analysts; And the final round would take place on-site

Interview Question – Build a financial model   Answer Question

Worked for New Constructs? Contribute to the Community!