New Corp

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

New Home, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Corp in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was notified the same day that i was selected to move to the next process. 2 days later i had a phone interview it back back to back behavior questions, lucky for me I studied interview questions and answers. After the phone interview i was told i passed the interview and watch out for an email for next steps. 2 days later i got an email to attend orientation which explained the job. After that its paperwork and more paperwork that is all time sensitive. You also have to take a drug test and get a I9 notarized.
You will also have IT meetings to make sure your computer and equipments meets the requirements. You have to work evening and weekends. They have full 8hr shifts and 2/4hr shifts. Training is 10-7pm ESt and $9.50hr.

Interview Question – Everything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Work At Home CCR Interview

Work At Home CCR
New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online - interviewed at New Corp in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online, was contacted within 24 hours. Had a phone interview 4 days later that lasted about an hour. You then have a technical call to test your phone line and to make sure your computer meets their minimum requirements. There will be several paperwork items that need to be signed and scanned or faxed back. You will also have to go and get a drug test locally. About a week before training, you will have your final technical meeting to make sure everything is still "good" and they will install the software on your computer needed for the training and position.

Interview Question – They were all difficult situational/behavioral questions. Followed the STAR format. Thankfully I prepared by reading "101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions" by Ron Fry so I was prepared with examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for anything. You will work weekends and you will only get paid the $9.50 an hour. However, they said there was room for advancement and opportunities for raises and bonuses.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New Corp.

Interview Details – Ive been on 8 interviews total for two positions for this company. The first one consisted of 6 interviews, 2 with the recruiter, 2 with the hiring manager in person and 2 with the hiring manager's manager. (one phone and one in person) I never heard from them again, I emailed both the recruiter and the Hiring manager and just didnt hear anything again. 6 months later another recruiter contacted me for a total of 3 interviews

Interview Question – They use the STAR technique   Answer Question

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New Corp.

Interview Details – After applying, they will send you an email of your interview time and who will be interviewing you. They also send you links to an assesment to test your knowledge and skills in customer service as well as your knowledge on microsoft software and computer literacy. They will then send you a link to a diagnostic test to see if your computer and internet connection meets their requirements to perform the work-at-home job. And finally you are given a list of available positions in which you will work once hired. Your interview will be done over the phone so be ready to be awake and prepared once they call. Some questions may include:

What are your long term/short-term goals?
Why do you want to work for this company?
Describe a time you had conflicting obligations? What did you choose?
Describe a time you had your most irate customer? How did you handle it?
How do you feel about working in a repetitive job?
How would you handle an irate call?

Interview Question – If a customer calls about trouble shooting of equipment would you use to assist them?   Answer Question

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at New Corp.

Interview Details – I completed and online application and assessment and about a week later I received an email saying I was moving forward to the next hiring steps. I was set up with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes consisted of about 15 behavioral questions.

Interview Question – They were all difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a work from home customer service position for DTV which was outsourced through New. I would not have been a Direct Tv employee as I previously thought. I would have only been receiving calls from customers who were having problems with their equipment so that meant upset customers. At my expense I had to have home phone service installed, internet upgraded, provide my own computer, purchase my own headset, use my electricity to take their calls. No vacation or sick time no benefits what so ever and they were only paying $9.50 per hour and I as advised that it was non negotiable.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer

Interviewed at New Corp

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was asked to be at my computer during the interview. I was asked to write three algorithms. First one: loop through all the integers from 1 to 100 and if divisble by 3, print "fizz", if divisble by 5, print "buzz", if divisible by 3 and 5, print "fizzbuzz". Another one was to reverse a string. Third one was to check if a binary tree is symmetric.

Interview Question – The question about a tree.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Work-at-home Customer Care Representative Interview

Work-at-home Customer Care Representative
Sterling, VA

I applied online - interviewed at New Corp in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very fast! I applied, was contacted the very next day for a phone interview and to begin the paperwork process, completed the paperwork and faxed it all in on the 3rd day, took the drug test on the 4th day, and had the job offer on the 5th day.

Interview Question – Many situations arose where there was literally no answer in our computer system and supervisors would disappear and/or not answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I will say that the issue of pay rate was very confidential; I felt like they paid different rates depending on your geographic area and if you came to the job through a temp agency.

Customer Service Representative Tech Support Interview

Customer Service Representative Tech Support
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at New Corp in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process for this company has been smooth .No problems .They worked with me because I had some personal issues and they were never rude.They have helped me down to the last requirement.I am about to start training on the 13th of August and I cant wait .

Interview Question – It was everything I thought it would be .I have no complaints .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A good starting salary .Opportunity for advancement and Perks.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at New Corp in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is tiring. You would think they paid you in gold coins! Once I put in the application I got an email from Human Resources saying that, "We would like to invite you to an informal Applicant Information Session. This is the next step in the consideration process. During this session, we will give you general information about the company, the position, the requirements if you are selected for a position and the schedules we offer. This session will give you the opportunity to assess whether we are a right fit for you.".

So, I picked a time and I went to an adobe room with a lot of other applicants and they gave us information about the company.

You were given information to do an online check of your computer systems to see if they are up to spec.

If you said, okay, I will want to continue with this process you were e-mailed a link to do an online skills assessment.

You are then scheduled for another adobe meeting (this time one on one) with a hiring manager who again, in their presence do the computer check of your systems and also asks some basic questions and tells you more about the company.

Nine days later, I got an offer letter.

Interview Question – Nothing really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Great Falls, MT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New Corp in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, and recieved a call within the next hour. An interview was set up for two days later. At the initial interview I had to listen to calls made by previous CCR's and take notes. I was then interviewed by the recruiter, and informed that I did not have enough references. She also asked me to figure out my "dream hours". I returned for a second interview a few days later, and even though I gave her the hours I wanted, she put me in the 12 pm to 8 pm time bracket. It was a nice interview, although I had to move cities soon after.

Interview Question – What are your "Dream hours" that you would like to work?   Answer Question

Worked for New Corp? Contribute to the Community!