New England Aquarium Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Updated Jul 31, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at New England Aquarium

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New England Aquarium.

The process was straight forward and easy for the initial phase.They called very soon after the application was submitted on-line. A phone interview was schedule with a HR agent, so the questions were more related to resume experience, general behavioral questions, etc.

Intern Interview

The first interview was with the head of interns and volunteers. Standard questions, how you'd deal with difficulties, where your interests lie, what your dream job is, what your understanding of the internships is and how you'd contribute to them. Second interview would have been with the head of a specific internship.

Interview Questions
    • what would you be doing if you could do anything in the world   Answer Question

Environmental Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Received a phone interview and perhaps three weeks later received an in-person interview. HR rep that I met with was courteous, friendly, and asked standard questions. I was then interviewed by the lead technician who was totally uninterested in speaking with me and seemed annoyed that I took her away from her job. She asked me maybe two questions and then I did my best by asking as many questions as I could about the job to keep the interview from going awkward. Seemed like they already made a decision for the position before meeting with me. Position required a bachelor's degree, the pay was very low at $14 an hour, and the hours were about 20 a week during weekday business hours.

Box Office Assistant Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New England Aquarium in April 2009.

The two people who would have been my supervisor asked me a number of questions about my management experience and style. None of the questions were very unexpected. The interviewers were courteous and professional and gave me a good idea what it would be like to work at the aquarium had I been hired. I wore business attire, which may have been too much for this place where khakis and a polo are the standard uniform. Overall I thought I had good answers for most questions, but I suspect my nervousness (desperation?) and academic overqualification for a position normally held by older people without degrees hurt my chances of advancing beyond this stage.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your strategy or philosophy for dealing with rude or angry customers?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with inappropriate behavior by box office hosts?   Answer Question