New Era Cap

Employer Engaged

New Era Cap Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New Era Cap.

2 HR phone screens, then phone interview with manager, the interview the department head.

Interview Questions
    • When you look back 5 years from now, what will be your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New Era Cap.

Very discombobulated and unorganized. Not what I expected for a good company.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about some initiatives taking place at their company - I had no idea what they were referring to.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New Era Cap in June 2012.

The first interview was with two people over speaker phone. The second was with the logistics manager over the phone. The third interview was face to face with the logistics manager.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New Era Cap in May 2012.

It was a standard interview process which started over the phone with the stock HR questions, then in-person interviews with department managers. 4 interviews over the course of 2 months. HR seemed a bit disjointed and inexperienced. I now know why, it's because their HR team has a relatively high turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary - especially with the direct HR interviews. They were word for word out of the HR manual of top interview questions.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate. I experienced a take it-or-leave-it situation. Because of my situation at that time, I had no choice but to take it, but if I was at a better place at the moment I would have declined based on what was offered (bare minimum on the benefits table)

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New Era Cap in February 2012.

I had a phone interview first in December. Then had another phone interview with HR. Finally was brought in to interview with a Middle manager the the week later was brought in to interview with the hiring manager, one other manager and HR. Before I even had the phone interview they knew what my salary requirements were and still continued to move on with the process. Finally when it came time for the offer it was $13,000 under my requirements. They said that position range topped out there. Basically they wasted my time since they knew my requirement going in.

Interview Questions

They wasted my time by offering me $13,000 less than what my initial requirement was. I don't know they why even moved me along in the process when they knew my salary requirement was too much.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Era Cap in February 2012.

Seemed very disjointed -- no behavioral event interview questions, or preamble to explain about who my interviewer was or anything about the company in the beginning (although that did come later). I think my interviewer was perhaps tired. No tour of the building, lunch, anything.

I was supposed to have a second interview, which I interrupted my vacation for, but the interviewer did not show up to the webex. I had to come back to the recruiter several times for updates. The strangest thing was that they asked me to come in to Buffalo for the interview, but would not pay for my mileage and tolls, so the search firm ended up covering the cost (about 80 dollars).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the greatest issue facing the field today?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at New Era Cap in April 2011.

Recent email to conduct phone interview for analyst position. Thought phone interview went well. Asked usual question of where do you see yourself in five years with the company. I was told that hiring managers would be in contact or phone interviewer would be in touch if I was no considered a candidate. I was never notified and I feel if they take the time to call for interview that they can in return and advise if you were a final candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years if hired by the company?   Answer Question

Business Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New Era Cap in May 2010.

Phone Interview first, pretty basic. Was called for first round interview the next day. Interviewed with manager for second round. Again pretty basic questions. Interviewed with Director third round. Questions were fewer, looked for more powerful answers. Called a week later to say I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest thing you bring to the table in this position.   Answer Question
    Be ready to negotiate. Like all companies, they will try to get you for a little as possible. The pay is fair for the area. If you are coming in from a bigger outside city, you have more leverage.

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New Era Cap in April 2011.

Consisted of one phone interview with HR, then on campus interview and on site interview

Interview Questions
    • Talk about projects on resume, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question