New Hanover Regional Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

3.1

Patient Liaison/Surgical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Got an email requesting that I provide 5 references and their email address. Once my references had completed a survey on my work ethics I was invited in for a face to face interview with a member of HR. The interview seemed to go okay until I was told the rate of pay. It was well below what I had expected especially with my background. I believe expressing my disappointed in the pay rate sent the interview south. The interviewer proceed to ask questions related to the job experience however if it wasn't an answer he want he would rudely interrupt and ask for a better example. Never before had this happen.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you incurred a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Business Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Interview

Went through three types of interviews. One with HR, one with a manager and another with peers. They use behavioral based interview questions. Google behavioral based interview questions and youll get a feel of what your going to be asked, I researched it quite a bit before I went and it helped me at my interview with being more at ease because I felt more prepared. The HR interviewer was extremely nice and down to earth. Everyone was very very friendly which helped with my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had miscommunication with another coworker and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Called by HR rep and asked to come for an interview, then called again for interview with pharmacy management and other pharmacy technicians. Received call 2 hours later offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest challenge in my previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - you get what you are offered

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.

Interview

they ask questions that they really want to hear you praise other people not say anything about your self. they wanted to hear bad things about your last employer it seemed , which i as not going to do

Interview Questions

• they implied , ithought a question where by it seemed i was to break hippa , which i wasn't about to do ,   Answer Question

I heard so many bad stories about how the management treats the staff and has no respect , and they hold you back when you want to tx , sounded too scary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Behavioral based interview. The purpose is to get a glimse of your personality to see if your right for working at NHRMC. They asked a series of questions that describe a very specific scenario that you are supposed to fit a past experience of your own into, even if you haven't had an experience like the hypothetical one described they make you give an answer. It is ridiculous that they base their decisions for hire on an interview like this, there is no way someone's ability to do the job can be accurately assessed with this type of interview. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, NHRMC has a monopoly on healthcare in the area.

Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

They called my original supervisor first, then I had a peer interview and people that already worked there interviewed me. It was 4 people that worked in different parts of the operating room and they each asked me questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

Group interview since many of the floors were hiring. Multiple managers asking questions (around 4 -5 people). A little overwhelming being my first real interview. A couple of the managers made me feel super comfortable and smiled the entire time which eased my stress. Typical behavioral nursing questions. Second interview was a peer interview. Much more comfortable and basically the same questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Name a time you were in a stressful situation and how did you deal with it. What type of person are you?   Answer Question

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Was asked some discriminatory questions, like at my age why did I want to be a chaplain resident and with my disability, would I be able to complete the year.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected and felt discriminatory   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, as it was a student stipend that was very fair.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in January 2011.

Interview

I applied on line. HR called and schedule an interview with manager and coordinator. I met with HR first and she gave me directions. I actually thought it went pretty well. I was asked to identify units of measure, situational questions concerning interactions with others. Basically it was a pretty easy interview.