New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Updated Jul 2, 2014

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

I experienced a phone interview from a hiring manager in sales. He asked some basic questions such as: what brought you to apply to this company, how did you here about the position and what are you looking for in your next job/career. He was brutally honest about the position in that he was very detailed about the working conditions, the number of calls expected to be made, the small cubicle that I would be working from is I got the job and the "ridiculously low base salary". He went on to say that it would take about a year to ramp up!?? That was enough for me to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
  • Not necessarily a question but, more of a statement; it takes about a year to ramp up!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

The interview process was long and rather tedious even to go as far as to say they actually call you in for a sales presentation. I met with a sales manager first for an hour long skills test and interview. I than a week later got called in for a sales presentation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2012.

Initial phone interview, then in person interview with Sales Manager and General Manager. Pretty basic, really just getting to know the person and determining their hunger for sales. Offer was made a few weeks later and was able to get started at the beginning of the next month. Very straight forward and simple process, but tried, true, and effective.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to try and sell the interviewer his pen, pretty standard for a sales position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in April 2012.

I am a transfer from another location. The interviewer was a sales manager. He was knowledgeable about the sales processes for NH and asks good questions related specifically to this type of sale. He hadn’t been with the company very long (3 months) according to his linkedin profile, but he did a good job and I accepted their offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you present a price increase to your clients such as the one we just had with Cisco?   View Answer
    • What happened at your last position? Why would you go if things were so good?(I provided detailed success documentation)   View Answer
    They will usually give you an unacceptable offer to start. You will have to negotiate by providing data to why you are worth more than whatever offer they make. Make a good case (sell yourself) and they are fair, you will get your money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in March 2012.

Initially was contacted by a recruiter, who unfortunately stood me up for our phone interview, and never returned my phone calls. Despite this when I did talk to her she was exceedingly nice and helpful about my feedback.

I also was supposed to interview with BOTH sales managers, but I will be honest I was 20 minutes late, so that may have impeded the scheduling. The sales manager I met with was great, he was informative, a little casual, but very honest about the position. The office culture was quiet, but seemingly happy and productive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing big or crazy different, basically about your experience, your qualifications, your ability to generate business.   Answer Question

I think this would have been a consideration if I was looking for an entry level sales job however, I have college loans, car payments, and have had career jobs for several years, so the base salary and lack of information on commitment (plus negative feedback on other sites) made it hard to make the leap into a new career at this paygrade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in January 2011.

For me, this was a tranfer within the NH network of locations. The interview was in depth, but alo candid and straight forward about the environment and atmosphere I would work in. This is a great company, and the local center is a quality center to work for, with great people and a positive work culture.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to generate a client portfolio quickly?   Answer Question
    Offer was above my desired salary for this position. I did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in January 2011.

The interview process wasvery easy and laid back. No tricky or corny questions, just a good conversation about expectations and my background. I met with the Sales Manager and the General Manager on my first interview. Te second interview was just with the Sales Manager and we primarily discussed the base of 36,000 that they call a "non-recoverable draw" and way too complex commission structure. They could easily simplify it.

Interview Questions

Seems like a good company and very good Sales Manager. However,the job primarily consists of smile and dial cold calling and very little relationship building with clients and prospects. You are required to be in your seat from 8-5 regardless of your numbers. Felt like it was a role for more of a junior sales person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in June 2010.

Paul called and ran me through a quick phone interview. The basic questions about my resume, why did you leave this job and that etc. We met the next day where he gave me the story about how he acquired the scottsdale office and how wonderful he runs the Tucson office. It was like a morgue on the sales floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2009.

Group Interview followed by a 1:1 and then a second Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer that has a higher product knowledge than you do?   View Answer

Not Impressive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in March 2009.

Initial phone screen lasting 10 minutes. Then an interview with the sales manager going over basic things like experience and motivations. 2nd interview is with the GM going over more personality and organizational fit questions, then final interview is with the President.

Didn't meet salary requirements