New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Education Consultant Interview

Education Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was pretty straightforward. I had attended 3 one on one interviews. The first was a basic personality and question interview. The second delved more into the nature of the business, and the third was negotiation and benefits delivery.

Interview Question – The questions asked were typical interview questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary raise after 90 days.

Very Easy Interview

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in January 2012.

Interview Details – After applying, I received a call to schedule an interview within a week. There was an initial interview where I talked to the GM and training manager to answer basic questions about my professional experience, career goals and interest in training with the company. At the end of the first interview, they asked if I would be interested in a test teach, where I would teach a class of current New Horizons managers and instructors how to complete some tasks in Excel as well as teach a second skill based on something I was interested in. I received an offer and a start date at the end of the second interview.

Interview Question – none. very basic, very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no room for negotiation. All instructors start out at the same salary, benefits and vacation.

Microsoft Applications Trainer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in June 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and 1 more phone interview with a person who worked at the company.

Interview Question – Questions asking me about how I can use my skills in the classroom and what is my experience in dealing with difficult people.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the interview process for an Account Executive position with New Horizons. I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager. He was friendly, personable, professional, and knowledgeable. I interviewed with NH at their facility the following week, and took a test (approximately 40 minutes).
I was called in to make a presentation to them the following week, where the candidate presents to a hypothetical customer as if they are a NH employee. I was a little concerned, because this seemed a bit overreaching for a position at this level and compensation, but I did so because I assumed (incorrectly) that they were seriously interested in me and this was a confirming step in the process.
When I made my presentation, it was recorded (for others to view at a later time), which I had not anticipated, and it made me a bit uncomfortable. After I made my presentation, I learned that candidates were coming in throughout the day to make their presentations, and there was someone waiting when I left. In other words, the process I described was just to go into a candidate pool. This ended the process, a couple of weeks later I received a “thank you for applying” automated email. I don’t know who if anyone was hired.
A few weeks later I was searching the postings on the net and saw the same position (in the location) posted again.

IT Instructor Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

Interview Details – New Horizons - Chicago has a pretty straight forward interview process. After you submit your resume, you would then meet with an office manager for a personal interview. The interviewing process for me was one of the most relaxing and accommodating that I have ever experienced.

Interview Question – I was not given any cutting edge type questions designed to fool me or throw me off my game. It was strictly a relaxed and professional interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had some personal issues that came up which did not allow me to take the position.

Front Desk Administrator Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Interview Details – The process was pretty simple, met with a manager asked some basic interviewing questions and descrbed the Company and job description. Was offered the job fairly quickly!

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, the basic interviewing questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a pay cut but needed the job!

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then in person interview with Sales Manager and General Manager. Pretty basic, really just getting to know the person and determining their hunger for sales. Offer was made a few weeks later and was able to get started at the beginning of the next month. Very straight forward and simple process, but tried, true, and effective.

Interview Question – Asked to try and sell the interviewer his pen, pretty standard for a sales position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Interview Details – Phone interview. The manager wasn't very friendly. He told me certificates are more important than education in this day. I was offended.

Technical Instructor Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in December 2009.

Interview Details – Demonstration of software knowledge and teaching ability needed.

Interview Question – How do you handle a disruptive student   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Needed job - took what was offered

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Interview Details – The initial interview was in person with a recruiter. This was the equivalent of a phone screening. I was then introduced to the Director of Sales. We spoke in more detail about the position and what their sales process is. I was there for a little over an hour.

Interview Question – None. The questions were all pretty basic.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The job description was a little misleading and not something I wanted to do.

Interviews for Top Jobs at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Worked for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by New Horizons Computer Learning Centers employees and interview candidates.