New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

2.5

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in October 2014.

I had been actively applying for jobs in the IT department for a couple weeks. One day I received a phone call from a hiring agent from New Horizons (in South Florida) and he begins describing all the wonderful benefits I would be eligible for if I were to get "Hired". The man sounded semi-unprofessional and was going through the offer carelessly.

He said the company had a program where I were to be working and could be taking certification programs during my employment that would make me "more marketable" for prospective companies. He started by saying they are the leading partners with microsoft, cisco, etc. At the end of the position pitch he tells me if I am available for an interview the following day and to bring my resume. Blinded by all the wonderful promises I quickly accepted because hey I have nothing to lose.

I was wrong. He called me serval times the following day (interview day) to confirm that I am coming for the interview - almost sounding desperate. This made me ask him "what exactly is the position I will be applying for?" He responded "we will be discussing possible help desk employment and your future with our certifications program", something along those lines.

Upon arrival he greets me at the door and asks me to sign in for the "interview"; the sign in sheet clearly had "orientation" written at the top. I immediately knew it was a farce - serval other "applicants" (about 4) arrived and we were placed into a presentation room. Before the presentation started we were given a handout with all the programs offered with the company and a 25 questionnaire related to computers, Os's, troubleshooting, and networking, standard mainly with a couple of more complex questions.

After about 20 mins time to complete the quiz, the workforce coordinator for the tri-county area began the presentation/speech about the companies history and offerings. Basically giving all these wonderful examples of previous "clients" that have joined New Horizons and have such a high success rate of hiring, and that if I were to become a client then I would have x times better chances than others.

NOTHING about a job position was described. The presentation was about 45 minutes in where I realized it was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME and literally walked out. Useless information was given basically giving all the scenarios where we would be eligible for free certification courses.

Long story short - if New Horizons calls you with a "job" offering, make it 100% clear that you are only interested in working and not looking to grow your experience. I felt as if I was SCAMMED because there really was no immediate job offering - just a company trying to make money off determined and serious applications.

Interview Questions
    • NONE.

No interview was performed - only a description of all the programs offered and why I should be a client.

Answer Question

New Business Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

Will schedule in person interview a few times. Will usually have a group interview to ask if you have sales experience but is not necessary. You will come in for some training and possible one on one interviews with staff to see if you fit in with the group.

No negotiation on salary.

Applications Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online – interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in August 2014.

I was invited by the training manager at the Anaheim, CA location to go to their training center to perform a so called "test teach" interview. I received an e-mail detailing the time and to arrive early to prepare the classroom. I got at the training facility more than half-an-hour early for the teach. Ten minutes after the scheduled time I was still waiting to be introduced and meet the people I am going to test teach. When I met them, I was then informed that I will be recorded while conducting this test teach. I was very surprised because I wasn't told previously.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

I experienced a phone interview from a hiring manager in sales. He asked some basic questions such as: what brought you to apply to this company, how did you here about the position and what are you looking for in your next job/career. He was brutally honest about the position in that he was very detailed about the working conditions, the number of calls expected to be made, the small cubicle that I would be working from is I got the job and the "ridiculously low base salary". He went on to say that it would take about a year to ramp up!?? That was enough for me to say thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily a question but, more of a statement; it takes about a year to ramp up!   Answer Question

Microsoft Applications Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in June 2014.

Applied on online;received email in regards to phone interview; phone interview was scheduled then was brought in for a face to face interview where I had to do a presentation on a given topic; afterwards was offered the job. They look for how well you can speak as well as if you can project your voice.

Negotiation was easy

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in May 2014.

They seemed to have never interviewed before. All they did was talk about the company and never even pretended to care about me. A total waste of time and gas.

Interview Questions
    • All they talked about was the company and did not ask me questions.   View Answer

Unprofessional company

Front Desk Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers.

The process was pretty simple, met with a manager asked some basic interviewing questions and descrbed the Company and job description. Was offered the job fairly quickly!

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, the basic interviewing questions.   Answer Question
    It was a pay cut but needed the job!

Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

I went through the interview process for an Account Executive position with New Horizons. I had a phone interview with the Sales Manager. He was friendly, personable, professional, and knowledgeable. I interviewed with NH at their facility the following week, and took a test (approximately 40 minutes).
    I was called in to make a presentation to them the following week, where the candidate presents to a hypothetical customer as if they are a NH employee. I was a little concerned, because this seemed a bit overreaching for a position at this level and compensation, but I did so because I assumed (incorrectly) that they were seriously interested in me and this was a confirming step in the process.
    When I made my presentation, it was recorded (for others to view at a later time), which I had not anticipated, and it made me a bit uncomfortable. After I made my presentation, I learned that candidates were coming in throughout the day to make their presentations, and there was someone waiting when I left. In other words, the process I described was just to go into a candidate pool. This ended the process, a couple of weeks later I received a “thank you for applying” automated email. I don’t know who if anyone was hired.
    A few weeks later I was searching the postings on the net and saw the same position (in the location) posted again.

Education Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

It was pretty straightforward. I had attended 3 one on one interviews. The first was a basic personality and question interview. The second delved more into the nature of the business, and the third was negotiation and benefits delivery.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were typical interview questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a salary raise after 90 days.

IT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers in September 2013.

New Horizons - Chicago has a pretty straight forward interview process. After you submit your resume, you would then meet with an office manager for a personal interview. The interviewing process for me was one of the most relaxing and accommodating that I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • I was not given any cutting edge type questions designed to fool me or throw me off my game. It was strictly a relaxed and professional interview.   Answer Question

I had some personal issues that came up which did not allow me to take the position.