New Jersey Institute of Technology

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Interview Details – Tell me about yourself?
What was your role in previous company?
What is linkedlist?
How will you remove an element?

Interview Question – Write a code to remove duplicates?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Interview Details – I applied on line

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected   Answer Question

How Do You Like NJIT Interview

Newark, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – very quick

Interview Question – how do you describe yourself for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology in August 2008.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from a recruiter and talked with him for around half a hour about my background and made an appointment with the hiring manager of that company. Talked with the hiring manager via the phone for more than a hour and went to the company for twice.

DA Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – They asked me some questions to make sure whether I have the ability to take this position. Take the note of my answer. Explain the rules of this job and asked me whether have some question about this position. Then they said they will sent email next week to inform me that whether I could get this job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was a little nervous. And I hope others could be relax when you are taking an interview.

Adjunct Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Jersey Institute of Technology in April 2009.

Interview Details – I knew someone who works there as a professor, he got me the position without even talking to the head of the department. There was a need for an adjunct and I was available. They have hired unqualified people at times so at least I was qualified.

You should have a Ph.D. in the field you want to teach in.

Interview Question – You have no teaching experience, why do you want to teach?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it is a contract position for $2600/3 credit course.
If you consider taking an adjunct position here, you should look at other state and private colleges. The rate is more than community colleges, but lower that even some other state colleges in NJ.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New Jersey Institute of Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New Jersey Institute of Technology interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by New Jersey Institute of Technology employees and interview candidates.