New Leaders for New Schools

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at New Leaders for New Schools.

Interview Details – Contacted after 3 months application was sent in. Scheduled for a phone interview, which in my opinion went very well. At the end of the phone interview, the talent recruiter said she was going to recommend me directly to the hiring manager of the department and that I seemed to be a great fit for the role. She said I should hear back "by the end of the week or early next week" and even told me not to hesitate to contact her if I did not. I followed up twice, via email and left a voice message, but it seems she has been avoiding me. Why bother saying those things if you won't have the courtesy to take a minute to pick up the phone or reply to the email. I understand there are competing priorities, but don't even offer to be available for questions or concerns when you can't be, and don't avoid polite inquiries.

Interview Question – What do you think will be the most challenging thing about this role?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Knowledge Development Associate Interview

Knowledge Development Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New Leaders for New Schools in January 2011.

Interview Details – This was a 2nd round interview with Ms. Taliaferro.

It was a scripted interview...all the questions were canned and the interviewer did not stray one bit from the script, nor did she reveal any hint of humanity. The answers were being recorded down for future evaluation to create a fair and neutral hiring process.

Here are the questions that I remember being asked:

-tell me about yourself
-working in a team setting
-constant frustration that you have
-multitasking
- how would you go about working on a project?

My first round interview with the head of HR was much easier and played out much more like a conversation than an interview by a homicide detective. Here is what I was asked in the first round.

-3 strengths
-getting results
-communication skills
-organizational skills
-2 weaknesses
-What is the reason for the problems we have in our urban schools?
-What does student achievement look like?
-What do you look for in a supervisor?

Interview Questions

Company Associate Interview

Company Associate
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Leaders for New Schools in January 2009.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was wonderful - the HR guy was very professional, and the questions were typical "do you align with our company philosophy?" kinds of questions. I actually think my interview was only average, but I was invited to the next round of interviews, a phone interview with who would be my boss. Here comes the unprofessionalism! Not only did he cancel my first interview - 30 minutes after it was due to begin! - but he did not respond to requests to reschedule, despite a phone call and two emails from me, for another two weeks! My phone interview with him, when I finally had it, was short and seemed like he was reading a script - I did not get the impression he was listened. Then, when I went to the first in-person interview (with the same man), he cancelled again. When we finally had our interview (now my third), he seemed to love me. He gave me all this "insider information" as to how to speed up the interview process (I still had two more interviews, for a total of five, for an entry-level job!). But after the interview, he responded with a "tentative date" for my next interview. When I called to confirm, I again got no reply for a week and a half until I called the original HR guy who had been so helpful. And then the reply was that they wanted to cancel and reschedule AGAIN! I was through. Clearly my time was not valued at all. I took a job with another company.

Interview Question – Do you believe all children should be held to the same educational standards?   View Answer

Technology Interview

Technology

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New Leaders for New Schools in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was a defacto interview considering fact that I just finished consultation assignment with them. The position was offered to me upon completion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very fair. I had no problems with the offer.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New Leaders for New Schools in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I was contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was several days later and the only person I spoke with was the HR rep. She indicated that the hiring team had already reviewed my resume and was interested, but she needed to go through some questions with me first. She asked about my strengths, weaknessess, accomplishments, etc. She stated upfront that she did not know too many specifics about the position so any detailed questions I should save for my interview with the hiring team. She was very nice and it felt more like a conversations than an interview. She promised me that she would be sending along my responses to the hiring team by COB and that she would have an answer to me either way within 2 days. I never heard from her again after 2 follow-up attempts. This is very unprofessional behavior and shows a lack of respect for candidates' time.

Interview Question – What is your greatest career accomplishment?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New Leaders for New Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New Leaders for New Schools interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by New Leaders for New Schools employees and interview candidates.