New Look

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.1

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Look.

Simple, one interview and that was it. Had an interview with the manager and then a separate person taking notes. It was a good interview process, wasn't too strenuous!

Interview Questions
    • All standard interview questions, and then I was taken out to the shop floor to pick an outfit for an imaginary customer's Christmas Dinner.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New Look.

I handed my CV into a New Look store and received a call a couple days later inviting me to a group interview. The interview consisted of around 20-25 other candidates and involved various tasks.

We were split into groups of around 10 and each group was taken to a different area of the store. The first task involved getting into pairs and answering the question, 'What is good/bad customer service?' One person in the pair answering about good customer service and the other about bad. During this task, the interviewer made notes based on our responses and the way we came across speaking in front of the group.

The next task involved splitting the group in the half and giving each group a celebrity and a scenario. We had to go around the store and pick an outfit that was appropriate for the celebrity and the event they were attending. This was a timed activity and once chosen, we had to present our outfit choice and the reasons for choosing the outfit.

After this, all the candidates were joined back together where the various interviewers went off to discuss how the candidates in each group performed. They came back after having deciding on the successful candidates and called out their names. We were then invited to a one-on-one interview at a later date.

The one-on-one interview was very relaxed and was likened to more of a 'chat'. The manager asked me general retail questions about situations where I had displayed positive skills such as communication, teamwork etc. I received a call the same day notifying me that I had got the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Look in August 2014.

I handed in my CV and was called for an interview almost immediately. The interview was scheduled for the Saturday. It was a very friendly and painless process. The interview was held at the store in the managers office. The manager was very friendly and bubbly and the interview was friendly, relaxed and informal. It was one of the most positive experiences I have ever had in a formal interview setting!

Interview Questions
    • The questions actually were mostly straightforward and asked clearly and kindly. I wasn't subjected to any strange questions. They were mostly about ''Why would you like to work here?'' ''What is good customer service?'' etc   View Answer
    I didn't have to negotiate. We were on the same page and I was delighted to get the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walsall, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Look in October 2013.

i first got the job as a Christmas temp and the first interview for that was a group interview, there were about 15 people in each group interview. first we were sat in a circle and told to introduce ourselves, after that we were put onto different activities including creating a role play about good customer service and something called stranded where you had to pick 5 items off a list of about 20 items that you would take to a desert island. at the end of the interview we were asked to write a brief explanation of why we think we are right for the job and our available hours.
    once the group interview was done i had to wait for another call where i was invited back for a one to one interview with a member of management in the interview i was asked general questions about the business, why i want to work their and why i think they should hire me at the end of the interview i was told id got the job.
    after this i worked as a Christmas temp from late October to early January at the beginning of January i was called for a meeting with the manager where she discussed how id gotten on, what i could've done better and where id excelled and then proceeded to tell me id been given the job as a part tie sales assistant.

Interview Questions
    • there werent relly a lot of questons asked except for the obvious one such as 'what is good customer service'   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New Look.

I had a 2 round group interview with the Senior Managers. First one, we had to introduce ourselves and pick a few clothes as we had to present an outfit and explain why is is fashionable. Second one was a personal interview with one of the senior managers. She asked me about my availability, why would I like to work at NL, about my previous experience. Your outfit will be very important to them so stay smart and trendy, nothing outrageous.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Look in June 2013.

After a week from handing my CV into the store, I was asked to come in for a group interview. The store was closed for the evening, and there were around 20-25 of us altogether. We were asked to each fill out a form, asking about availability etc. Then in front of the group and three staff members, we introduced ourselves and had to share an interesting fact. We were then put into smaller groups of five/six, given a character to dress, and told to go around the shop and pick clothes suitable for this particular character (as a group still). Personally, it wasn't one of the best, or easiest interviews I've been to. It was long winded, staff weren't very enthusiastic or organised and I don't feel that the group task was a good way to show yourself off. However, I got a call about a week later offering me a 4 hour contract, which I took!

Interview Questions
    • I've been to a few interviews now where they want to know an interesting fact about you.   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Sent in CV called for basic interview got job few days later

Interview Questions
    • Know what stock they have in store at time   View Answer
    none

Warehouse Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Look.

Simple online questionaire about previous experience and generic interview things such as 'describe a time when you worked in a team' followed by a quick telephone interview in which they ask you the exact same questions then an interview day (with about 20 other people depending on the day) at which they ask you the exact same questions again and don't particularly care if you give the same answers.

I filled in the online application and recieved a phone call literally 10 mins later where they rushed through a few questions before saying 'great, come along for an interview next week'. The interview is by far the easiest, least selective interview I've ever been to. It involved a 10 question literacy/numeracy test at which you only need to score 7/10 and a one-to-one interview at which they basically answered most of the questions for me with me nodding in agreement.

Anyone with any experience at all...and basically anyone who doesn't turn up naked and slaps the interviewer in the face is almost guaranteed a job. The interview seemed very much a formality and they had already decided who was worth taking on from the online application. They let you know on the day if you have a job and give you a letter inviting you to an induction the following week (or in my case, the next morning).
    I almost wish, having worked there for some time, that they would be more selective with their interviewees as it really is ridiculously easy to get a job at the DC. It seems there is no selection process at all beyond the online questionaire. They have no quotas to fill and will take anyone who passes the interview (I've been to 2 and never seen anyone turned down). It is very good for anyone who just wants a quick job and anyone with experience is almost certain to be taken on without hesitation. If you don't have experience, just answer confidently, stress how much of a team player you are and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    Here, sign this and start tomorrow. Do you want days or nights?

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Look in June 2011.

After handing out CVs with cover letters, New Look were the first to respond. I was given a time for a group interview in which we were given celebrities to "dress" for an occasion; we had to chose clothes and accessories from the shop floor within a budget, and then talk it through to the interviewer and other candidates before individually being taken to a room with a senior manager for the more standard interview questions

Interview Questions
    • "What's your favourite recent purchase?"   View Answer
    They called to congratulate me and ask for my details to put me on the system

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at New Look in April 2010.

I had to pick out a fashionable outfit and explain to the group why i chose it, it would have went well if the girl sitting next to me didnt pick up most of the items i did, then went first, so i didnt look original at all. I had a 1 to1 interview, and there were questions like what would you do if an employee was stealing? Why do you wanna work here above everywhere else?