New Look

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT Interview

CUSTOMER CARE EXPERT
Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at New Look in June 2011.

Interview Details – After handing out CVs with cover letters, New Look were the first to respond. I was given a time for a group interview in which we were given celebrities to "dress" for an occasion; we had to chose clothes and accessories from the shop floor within a budget, and then talk it through to the interviewer and other candidates before individually being taken to a room with a senior manager for the more standard interview questions

Interview Question – "What's your favourite recent purchase?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They called to congratulate me and ask for my details to put me on the system

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Walsall, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New Look in October 2013.

Interview Details – i first got the job as a Christmas temp and the first interview for that was a group interview, there were about 15 people in each group interview. first we were sat in a circle and told to introduce ourselves, after that we were put onto different activities including creating a role play about good customer service and something called stranded where you had to pick 5 items off a list of about 20 items that you would take to a desert island. at the end of the interview we were asked to write a brief explanation of why we think we are right for the job and our available hours.
once the group interview was done i had to wait for another call where i was invited back for a one to one interview with a member of management in the interview i was asked general questions about the business, why i want to work their and why i think they should hire me at the end of the interview i was told id got the job.
after this i worked as a Christmas temp from late October to early January at the beginning of January i was called for a meeting with the manager where she discussed how id gotten on, what i could've done better and where id excelled and then proceeded to tell me id been given the job as a part tie sales assistant.

Interview Question – there werent relly a lot of questons asked except for the obvious one such as 'what is good customer service'   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at New Look.

Interview Details – I had a 2 round group interview with the Senior Managers. First one, we had to introduce ourselves and pick a few clothes as we had to present an outfit and explain why is is fashionable. Second one was a personal interview with one of the senior managers. She asked me about my availability, why would I like to work at NL, about my previous experience. Your outfit will be very important to them so stay smart and trendy, nothing outrageous.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor

Interviewed at New Look

Interview Details – Sent in CV called for basic interview got job few days later

Interview Question – Know what stock they have in store at time   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Warehouse Colleague Interview

Warehouse Colleague
Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New Look.

Interview Details – Simple online questionaire about previous experience and generic interview things such as 'describe a time when you worked in a team' followed by a quick telephone interview in which they ask you the exact same questions then an interview day (with about 20 other people depending on the day) at which they ask you the exact same questions again and don't particularly care if you give the same answers.

I filled in the online application and recieved a phone call literally 10 mins later where they rushed through a few questions before saying 'great, come along for an interview next week'. The interview is by far the easiest, least selective interview I've ever been to. It involved a 10 question literacy/numeracy test at which you only need to score 7/10 and a one-to-one interview at which they basically answered most of the questions for me with me nodding in agreement.

Anyone with any experience at all...and basically anyone who doesn't turn up naked and slaps the interviewer in the face is almost guaranteed a job. The interview seemed very much a formality and they had already decided who was worth taking on from the online application. They let you know on the day if you have a job and give you a letter inviting you to an induction the following week (or in my case, the next morning).
I almost wish, having worked there for some time, that they would be more selective with their interviewees as it really is ridiculously easy to get a job at the DC. It seems there is no selection process at all beyond the online questionaire. They have no quotas to fill and will take anyone who passes the interview (I've been to 2 and never seen anyone turned down). It is very good for anyone who just wants a quick job and anyone with experience is almost certain to be taken on without hesitation. If you don't have experience, just answer confidently, stress how much of a team player you are and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – All ridiculously easy   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Here, sign this and start tomorrow. Do you want days or nights?

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Coventry, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at New Look in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had to pick out a fashionable outfit and explain to the group why i chose it, it would have went well if the girl sitting next to me didnt pick up most of the items i did, then went first, so i didnt look original at all. I had a 1 to1 interview, and there were questions like what would you do if an employee was stealing? Why do you wanna work here above everywhere else?

Interview Question – Why Newlook?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New Look? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New Look interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by New Look employees and interview candidates.