New Mexico Tech Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

2.4

Associate Grant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Socorro, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New Mexico Tech (Socorro, NM) in January 2015.

Interview

Resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation required for HR. Once HR approved application, it was forwarded to department Director. One-on-one interview with Director. Question process reasonable length and conversational.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unfamiliar situation - for example, while you're alone in the department, a student comes in and asks for assistance with a registration issue.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New Mexico Tech.

Interview

Walked in one day and filled out the paperwork and was basically hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide some examples of the work you have done in Excel?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Question: Want a job? Answer: Yes.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Socorro, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at New Mexico Tech (Socorro, NM) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview started off normally with a phone interview over basic attributes and personality questions, then there was a drug test, after the drug test was a panel interview, followed by a one on one interview. All in all, a pretty straightforward process. I was also told during the interview a background check would be done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating room, too many applications for positions usually, plus or minus 5% at best

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Socorro, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New Mexico Tech (Socorro, NM) in July 2011.

Interview

It was easy i walked in the professor's office and asked him if he had funding for the following years. He said yes the might have something , i handed my resume and 3 weeks letter i got a call for an interview. I came to his office and he questioned me about my laboratory skills and computer skills. A week later i got an email informing me that i got the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Mexico Tech in January 2010.

Interview

It was very general and one on one. The interviewer asked me general programming questions and puzzles.