New Oriental Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.8

GRE Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2011.

Interview

Just basic stuff. Asked about education background of myself, experience in giving lecture and understading of preparation of GRE. They said they will call me to inform me whether i could further to the next round, but the call never came.

American ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New Oriental (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2012.

Interview

The job interview process was extremely fair and they hired me based upon my experiences. The best thing I liked about this company was that they did not discriminate against my race. (China is extremely racist against blacks--- no career trajectory for blacks in China) Too many ESL companies in China are racist and the parents want white teachers. I graduated from a Top 10 school (US News rankings) and even my degree did not help me in the smaller companies. But, New Oriental is different and looked past it. No other smaller ESL company looked past race.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fangshan, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New Oriental (Fangshan, Beijing (China)) in October 2012.

Interview

we contacted through QQ. I made a 15 minutes ppt about a section of toefl exam. and i presented it on the QQ. After presentation, the interviewer asked me some questions about living in Beijing and my return time. and What the most difficult part in the toefl reading test.

English Teacher Interview

Interview

4interviews with HR first; demo class with senior teachers in a group, long individual demo class with department leader ; individual demo class with school manager. Need to teach in English towards many senior teachers. Demo class need to prepare on ur own PC then use projector. No pupils involved but still need to be really active on demo class.

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New Oriental in June 2009.

Interview

Basically i just went over a practice teaching provess.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really..i wasn't even informed about the salery

Marketing Trainee Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview Process is easy-going.