New World Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at New World Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very bizarre. I was living out-of-state and they made me make four trips to Troy, not willing to cover expenses for any of them. I interviewed with about 20 people over four months before I was hired. They seemed to want to hire me, but had no idea where they'd like to put me. It wasn't until I said I was walking away that I got a proper offer.

Interview Question – They start the entire process with this mindless test, that apparently means a lot to them, but seems to have no bearing on reality. About par for the company.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – Thorough and professionally conducted with multiple rounds. Representatives from HR and the specific functional area I was applying for were gracious, open and generally exceptional. The interview process itself was very positive.

Interview Question – Assessment test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Met in the middle on base salary and salary increase/incentives for the first full year of employment.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1.5 hr personality and iq test with basic questions, Nothing too difficult. was dissipointed not talking to manager only HR. Process took a few weeks no offer

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in December 2013.

Interview Details – 2 telephone interviews and a 3rd in person interview in Troy, MI. Upon arrival at the office, there was a 'logic' test of 75 questions. Had to submit W2's to prove my previous income. All the interviewers were really positive about me and how they wanted to add me to the team and how they wanted to get started very quickly. Then a promise of follow up by a certain day which came and went. Then an email saying there were no positions available. Hmmmm.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, which was surprising in itself.   Answer Question

User Experience Engineer Interview

User Experience Engineer
Troy, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at New World Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – One behavioral interview and one onsite interview

Interview Question – some paper-based IQ challenge questions   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I interviewed at New World Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, followed by in-person interview. Met with two individuals from HR and several department managers over a four to five hour period. Everyone was professional and friendly. Overall was a good experience, but definitely got a sense of a very corporate environment. Process duration was several months.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. Logic test was unusual and seemed a bit counterproductive.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted an offer from another company.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews -- the second was very strange, basically a 4 hour long battery of logic tests that looked like they were from the 1980s. I never got my results, but they offered me the job. Looking back on it, the way the interview process was conducted should have been a red flag for me. The company was very 'pragmatic' in its decision-making processes, so much so that unless the CEO himself approved something nothing ever got done. Extreme bureaucracy and politics.

Interview Question – The logic test -- there wasn't much in the way of instructions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much in the way of negotiation -- I did get them to agree to an additional week of vacation, but they would not budge on salary.

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New World Systems.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone by recruiter. First interview was over the phone, it was more of an explanation of what New World Systems does. Then a second (onsite) interview where an intelligence test was given and a meet and great with the immediate management. It was a conversation and a few questions about how you would handle certain situations. Then a third interview was given where You will meet with a few of the executives. They seemed to test your ethics and people skills. A team lead was brought in to talk about technical abilities SQL, Servers, etc.

Interview Question – The toughest question was regarding how you would handle multitasking. The interviewer went into intense detail of how overwhelmed you will get in the position and asked how to handle a situation that is unmanageable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will try to get you for as low as possible. Based on experience and previous salary NWS is very good at knowing what you will take and emphasize that it is the best that can be given. I was able to negotiate for 5% more than the offer by almost walking away. The salaries for every position are not defined at all. Any number is possible.

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst
Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New World Systems.

Interview Details – first interview they give you a test for deductive reasoning. second interview is to meet people on the staff.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 62k/yr & 3 weeks paid vacation

Regional Territory Manager Interview

Regional Territory Manager
Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at New World Systems.

Interview Details – They contacted me after reviewing my LinkedIn profile. The in-house recruiter did a good job of pre-qualifying me based on my past and current positions which I appreciated. Verification of quota attainment was important. I completed a few phone interviews before going to their Troy, MI headquarters where I met with several management and HR-level employees.

Interview Question – 1. They have employees take a test that measures deductive reasoning
2. They ask for documentation to verify past earnings.
  Answer Question

Worked for New World Systems? Contribute to the Community!