New World Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at New World Systems in July 2014.

The first interview was over the phone with an HR recruiter. The first interview mainly consisted of getting to know each other a little bit and her informing me about New World Systems in general. She was very friendly and professional throughout the process. The second interview was a phone interview with the person whom was to be my new manager had I accepted the position. We got into a little more detail about what my technical experiences had been in my jobs up to the present. He was very friendly and professional as well. My third interview was on-site at their main location in Troy, MI. They paid all expenses for the flight, rental car, hotel, food, etc. Once on-site, I took a few multiple-choice tests that gauged logic and pattern recognition, etc. Between the testing, I interviewed again with the HR recruiter and also with my possible future manager and one of his current employees. Since I was being considered for other positions as well, I was also interviewed by their support group manager and one of their senior HR representatives. Everyone that I came into contact with was very professional, yet friendly as well.

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions asked during the interview, which actually kind of surprised me.   Answer Question

In the end, the offer was a little on the low side for what we deemed to be the desirable income range to move up there and negate the increased cost of living in the area and there was not really any relocation assistance offered to speak of. If you're going to need relocation assistance, you will need to look somewhere other than New World Systems. Once on site, they told me they don't normally offer any relocation assistance. We could have saved each other a lot of time had I known that early in the process. Other than that though, it could quite possibly be a great place to work. We just couldn't afford to finance the loss we would take on selling our current house as well as the vast majority of the move. They did offer some relocation assistance in the end, but it was practically negligible. If you already live in the area and have the skills they're looking for, it may be a good fit for you.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at New World Systems in March 2010.

Very bizarre. I was living out-of-state and they made me make four trips to Troy, not willing to cover expenses for any of them. I interviewed with about 20 people over four months before I was hired. They seemed to want to hire me, but had no idea where they'd like to put me. It wasn't until I said I was walking away that I got a proper offer.

Interview Questions
    • They start the entire process with this mindless test, that apparently means a lot to them, but seems to have no bearing on reality. About par for the company.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in September 2012.

Thorough and professionally conducted with multiple rounds. Representatives from HR and the specific functional area I was applying for were gracious, open and generally exceptional. The interview process itself was very positive.

Interview Questions
    Met in the middle on base salary and salary increase/incentives for the first full year of employment.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in February 2014.

1.5 hr personality and iq test with basic questions, Nothing too difficult. was dissipointed not talking to manager only HR. Process took a few weeks no offer

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in December 2013.

2 telephone interviews and a 3rd in person interview in Troy, MI. Upon arrival at the office, there was a 'logic' test of 75 questions. Had to submit W2's to prove my previous income. All the interviewers were really positive about me and how they wanted to add me to the team and how they wanted to get started very quickly. Then a promise of follow up by a certain day which came and went. Then an email saying there were no positions available. Hmmmm.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, which was surprising in itself.   Answer Question

User Experience Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at New World Systems in November 2013.

One behavioral interview and one onsite interview

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at New World Systems in June 2013.

I had a phone interview first, followed by in-person interview. Met with two individuals from HR and several department managers over a four to five hour period. Everyone was professional and friendly. Overall was a good experience, but definitely got a sense of a very corporate environment. Process duration was several months.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Logic test was unusual and seemed a bit counterproductive.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in April 2011.

Two interviews -- the second was very strange, basically a 4 hour long battery of logic tests that looked like they were from the 1980s. I never got my results, but they offered me the job. Looking back on it, the way the interview process was conducted should have been a red flag for me. The company was very 'pragmatic' in its decision-making processes, so much so that unless the CEO himself approved something nothing ever got done. Extreme bureaucracy and politics.

Interview Questions
    • The logic test -- there wasn't much in the way of instructions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much in the way of negotiation -- I did get them to agree to an additional week of vacation, but they would not budge on salary.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New World Systems.

Contacted by phone by recruiter. First interview was over the phone, it was more of an explanation of what New World Systems does. Then a second (onsite) interview where an intelligence test was given and a meet and great with the immediate management. It was a conversation and a few questions about how you would handle certain situations. Then a third interview was given where You will meet with a few of the executives. They seemed to test your ethics and people skills. A team lead was brought in to talk about technical abilities SQL, Servers, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest question was regarding how you would handle multitasking. The interviewer went into intense detail of how overwhelmed you will get in the position and asked how to handle a situation that is unmanageable.   Answer Question
    They will try to get you for as low as possible. Based on experience and previous salary NWS is very good at knowing what you will take and emphasize that it is the best that can be given. I was able to negotiate for 5% more than the offer by almost walking away. The salaries for every position are not defined at all. Any number is possible.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New World Systems.

first interview they give you a test for deductive reasoning. second interview is to meet people on the staff.

62k/yr & 3 weeks paid vacation

Worked for New World Systems? Contribute to the Community!