New World Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New World Systems.

Interview

first was telephonic. To get every details of me. Then Technical face to face with 1st technical architect,then corporate HR manager,then one account manager. Then they said one other manager is busy so they will inform over the phone

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with an HR recruiter. The first interview mainly consisted of getting to know each other a little bit and her informing me about New World Systems in general. She was very friendly and professional throughout the process. The second interview was a phone interview with the person whom was to be my new manager had I accepted the position. We got into a little more detail about what my technical experiences had been in my jobs up to the present. He was very friendly and professional as well. My third interview was on-site at their main location in Troy, MI. They paid all expenses for the flight, rental car, hotel, food, etc. Once on-site, I took a few multiple-choice tests that gauged logic and pattern recognition, etc. Between the testing, I interviewed again with the HR recruiter and also with my possible future manager and one of his current employees. Since I was being considered for other positions as well, I was also interviewed by their support group manager and one of their senior HR representatives. Everyone that I came into contact with was very professional, yet friendly as well.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions asked during the interview, which actually kind of surprised me.   Answer Question

In the end, the offer was a little on the low side for what we deemed to be the desirable income range to move up there and negate the increased cost of living in the area and there was not really any relocation assistance offered to speak of. If you're going to need relocation assistance, you will need to look somewhere other than New World Systems. Once on site, they told me they don't normally offer any relocation assistance. We could have saved each other a lot of time had I known that early in the process. Other than that though, it could quite possibly be a great place to work. We just couldn't afford to finance the loss we would take on selling our current house as well as the vast majority of the move. They did offer some relocation assistance in the end, but it was practically negligible. If you already live in the area and have the skills they're looking for, it may be a good fit for you.

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

1.5 hr personality and iq test with basic questions, Nothing too difficult. was dissipointed not talking to manager only HR. Process took a few weeks no offer

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

their internal recruiter found my profile on Linkedin
    put me in touch with the training manager
    flew meinto troy mi for face to face
    required ti take an aptitude test then several interviews with key management personnel
    they offer me the position but my current employer match it then some

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they low ball me but i was able to get them to cpme up in salary and paid days off
    i should of taken the job

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New World Systems in December 2013.

Interview

2 telephone interviews and a 3rd in person interview in Troy, MI. Upon arrival at the office, there was a 'logic' test of 75 questions. Had to submit W2's to prove my previous income. All the interviewers were really positive about me and how they wanted to add me to the team and how they wanted to get started very quickly. Then a promise of follow up by a certain day which came and went. Then an email saying there were no positions available. Hmmmm.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, which was surprising in itself.   Answer Question

User Experience Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

One behavioral interview and one onsite interview

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI).

Interview

Contacted by phone by recruiter. First interview was over the phone, it was more of an explanation of what New World Systems does. Then a second (onsite) interview where an intelligence test was given and a meet and great with the immediate management. It was a conversation and a few questions about how you would handle certain situations. Then a third interview was given where You will meet with a few of the executives. They seemed to test your ethics and people skills. A team lead was brought in to talk about technical abilities SQL, Servers, etc.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was regarding how you would handle multitasking. The interviewer went into intense detail of how overwhelmed you will get in the position and asked how to handle a situation that is unmanageable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will try to get you for as low as possible. Based on experience and previous salary NWS is very good at knowing what you will take and emphasize that it is the best that can be given. I was able to negotiate for 5% more than the offer by almost walking away. The salaries for every position are not defined at all. Any number is possible.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New World Systems in August 2013.

Interview

The company gives every interviewee a computer programming aptitude test designed by IBM years ago. I was told that it means nothing, other than to see if you might be someone that they should be training for higher programming jobs. I found a copy of the test online, so if you are interviewing here, Google IBM Programming aptitude test and take the practice tests before you go.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a meeting to get to know me. The question I remember most was how would I handle going from a position of leadership to a position on a team that is not a leadership position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was all handled through their internal recruiter. They were inflexible on wages but flexible on other requests, like time off.

Project Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at New World Systems in June 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, followed by in-person interview. Met with two individuals from HR and several department managers over a four to five hour period. Everyone was professional and friendly. Overall was a good experience, but definitely got a sense of a very corporate environment. Process duration was several months.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Logic test was unusual and seemed a bit counterproductive.   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from another company.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New World Systems (Troy, MI).

Interview

first interview they give you a test for deductive reasoning. second interview is to meet people on the staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

62k/yr & 3 weeks paid vacation