New York Blood Center Interview Questions & Reviews

1.9

HLA Laboratory Technologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Blood Center in June 2010.

You get a call from HR for a 1:1 interview and if you pass it you get to be interviewed by the Manager the following week. If everything goes well then you get a 3rd interview with HR which is when they'll discuss and offer the job to you. As for interview questions they ask something like: describe yourself, strengths/weaknesses, describe a difficult work situation and how you positively handled it etc

Interview Questions
    • i think behavioral questions are the most difficult which you need to prepare yourself for.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at New York Blood Center in July 2010.

Called in for initial interview. Second interview had to make a presentation to a group.
    Offered the job.

No negotiation.

Donor Relations Associate Interview

I had to enter an application to HR, which took about 5 days to get back to me. I then had a phone interview with a talent recruiter, then an in person interview with the director of collections. I was then emailed and told that I had receiver the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to work in the non profit industry for a company that is manufacturing a biologic?   View Answer
    The negotiation process of salary was established at the very beginning. An hourly pay

Account Manager Interview

First in line...gets the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was no vetting...got the job offer because I was the first one to apply   Answer Question

No money...just the promise of money.

Anonymous Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at New York Blood Center.

Very easy. They were mostly telling me about the position and its mission. I met with three different staff members including the VP. Just prepare for this interview and make sure you ask really good questions about the position and the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult just questions about my experience and my knowledge about the position.   Answer Question

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Blood Center in January 2010.

Interview with HR followed by interview with lab director and manager

Interview Questions
    Company was not willing to negotiate

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Blood Center in December 2012.

need to take two days off from work. I met up to six people, two of which were ad hoc.

Interview Questions
    • was reporting to another manager in a position that was basically a conflict of interest.   Answer Question

Curriculum Writer/Trainer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at New York Blood Center in June 2012.

Submitted CV and cover letter, submitted curriculum per their request, interview with staff, second interview followed by mock presentation

Interview Questions

Worked for New York Blood Center? Contribute to the Community!