New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board

www.nyc.gov
Profile Unclaimed

New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board Investigator Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board in October 2013.

Applied online, called immediately for a job interview. Overall fastest process I've ever experienced.

Make sure you know a lot about them going in. Instead of the standard format job interview where they describe their mission and duties, they expected me to describe their mission and duties and explain how my skills related to every responsibility of the investigator. They ask you to fill out some brief written test beforehand, which asks about your skills and has a short essay on your opinions of civilian oversight of police.

Interview Questions
  • What is FODA and how would your skills help you to investigate these types of cases.   View Answer

Their pay is not remotely competitive. Their offer was over $15000 below another offer I had received. This combined with the 2-year commitment makes the job extremely unattractive financially.

Other Interview Reviews for New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board in February 2012.

I got called back for a second interview within days for 2/08/12. The day before the interview I got a call from a female employee stating that I missed my interview. I told her that my interview was not until the 8th. She hung up and said she would call me back. I never heard from her so I responsibly went to the interview the following day. I showed up for second interview and they cancelled after making me wait over an hour. I followed up on 1/14/12 and Director from HR said that I missed my interview. I expressed my concern at why an agency would call the day after my "allegedly" missed interview if they had already dismissed me? I was accused of yelling on the phone, although I was calm and professional. HR Director raised her voice and told me that I was no longer eligible for CCRB employment. She hung up on me without any explanation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board in June 2009.

In the interview, they tell you all about the organization and the role even though you probably read the website and understand the role. They literally go through it word by word. After 10-15 minutes of blabbing, you finally get the chance to ask questions. Then the interview begins. They will go through every one of your resume details, so know your resume up and down. Then come basic behavioral questions (tell me a time when... bla bla bla). Then you take a written exam where you are given approximately half hour to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you experienced a team conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question