New York City Department of Education

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at New York City Department of Education in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and got a response about one month later asking for a phone interview. That interview lasted for about half an hour, and then another few weeks passed. Then, the DOE invited me for an in-person interview with two people, and then another in-person interview with several more people one week later. I also submitted some writing samples and professional and academic references at that time. Another week or two went by, and then the Department offered the position, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much. I think there is room for negotiation, although with government pay scales, there probably isn't the latitude that there would be with private companies.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at New York City Department of Education

Worked for New York City Department of Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York City Department of Education Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by New York City Department of Education employees and interview candidates.