New York City Department of Education

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York City Department of Education in January 2012.

I submitted an online application and got a response about one month later asking for a phone interview. That interview lasted for about half an hour, and then another few weeks passed. Then, the DOE invited me for an in-person interview with two people, and then another in-person interview with several more people one week later. I also submitted some writing samples and professional and academic references at that time. Another week or two went by, and then the Department offered the position, and I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage work requests from outside offices and external parties?   Answer Question
  • How do you lead meetings?   View Answer
I did not negotiate much. I think there is room for negotiation, although with government pay scales, there probably isn't the latitude that there would be with private companies.