New York City Department of Finance
www.nyc.gov New York, NY 5000+ Employees

New York City Department of Finance Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at New York City Department of Finance in June 2011.

Interview Details – I initially interviewed with one department in Finance, which went well, and was called back for a final interview with management. Everyone seemed very pleasant and professional, and I would have been grateful for the opportunity to work with them. During this process, I was also interviewed twice over a month for another position in the Executive Operations group. The first department wanted to hire soon, and I was told I was a finalist for the position, so they requested EO move toward a decision as EO's needs superseded the former's.

A third 1:1 interview was then scheduled, consisting of a review of my background and motivation for pursuing these positions and leaving my former, after which I was informed that a decision would be made within a week.

Three weeks later, I checked in twice with the administrative assistant who did not respond. A week after that, I emailed another interviewer, stating that I was grateful for the opportunity to have interviewed, regardless of the outcome, and politely asked to be notified if I did not fit the position. During this time, I had to delay a pending offer from another agency, as either position at DoF would have been more fulfilling, though lower paying. That offer then understandably expired.

I was told that it was taking longer than expected to decide, and that I was still under consideration; official notice wasn't going to be issued yet.

That was two months ago -- a final inquiry was ignored. I assume by now both departments hired others, or the positions were reorganized.

Of course I have no qualms about being declined a position, but I think it's fair to want to be informed of that fact if you've at least made it to an interview.

Proceed at your own risk in applying, particularly if you receive an offer from another firm in the meantime.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York City Department of Finance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York City Department of Finance Project Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by New York City Department of Finance employees and interview candidates.