New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.8

Deputy Director of Care and Treatment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Is City, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Will let you know the hiring and interview process is easy and fun. Just enjoy yourself and show your skill set. You must dress for success and look everyone in the eye whoever is asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• What can you say is the toughest employee situation you had and what did you do.   Answer Question

City Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Long Island City, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Emailed for interview about a month after applying online Panel interview with various team members where they explained the project and job then asked questions and gave me time to ask questions. It was a pleasant conversation and didn't feel too rigid.

Interview Questions

• what is your supervisory experience; how do you organize yourself; what is your data analysis experience;   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

Onsite interview. Have a meeting with a director and a sr. data analyst. Never heard back. They need a epidemiologist but the title is data analyst. They need a person to talk more than the skills they want. I am a technical person. Care more about the software to solve problems.

Interview Questions

• All questions are not very difficult and no unexpected questions. BUT have no idea i was rejected.   Answer Question

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in May 2014.

Interview

I placed an online application, and about a month later I received a phone call asking me to go in the following week for an interview. Once I was there, they made me wait a few minutes and I was interviewed by two supervisors. They were really friendly, and welcoming. They asked me a few introductory questions, like what school I go to, what is my major and where i see myself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

College Aide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

Interview process took 3 months from the point of initial contact to first date of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Sent my resume and cover letter via email. Heard back within a few days asking for an interview at their office in Queens in a few days time. Interview was about 40 minutes and was one-on-one with the project manager. She was very welcoming and professional. Overall, it was a great interview experience.

She first asked me a little bit about myself - where I was from originally, how I liked New York, how I liked graduate school so far. She then asked more detailed questions about my resume and work experience - tell me more about your work analyzing data and xx lab, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why are you applying to this particular internship position. Very typical, basic interview questions. She then asked me if I had any questions. Afterwards, she proceeded to layout the basics of the internship - stipend (it was unpaid), the duration, etc.

She did ask me for three references prior to interviewing - I printed them and brought them along to the interview, but she never asked for them again.

City Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was very professional and smooth. The interviewers were friendly, informative and encouraging. One of the best interviews I have ever had. Started with a phone screen and the next step was a panel interview. They'd kept in touch with me while they were in the process of making the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Good enough!

Investigator Interview

Application

Interview

My interviewer was very professional and friendly. The interview was actually a breath of fresh air. It was not a recited script answering the usual 3 or 4 basic questions. My interviewer actual started a dialogue and you could tell she was very interested in what I was bringing to her unit.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to leave my current position w/benefits to come on as a temp until hired permanently. hiring process will take about 5 months.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation with the city.

Project Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

Process was very long but very precise and organized. I was emailed by administrative assistant to set up interview. Interview was set up. The day of itnerview I met about five people on the team. They seemed to be going by an itnerview guide and were asking me questions back to back, it was a long process but it was great getting to know more about the program. I also had to do a writing assessment the same day. About a week and a half later I was called back for a second mroe informal interview, this interview also went well as I got to ask more questions about the department and find out more about how DOH works.I was asked for references after this point. The team was very thorough, they answered all my questions in person and even after the interview when I sent some additional questions via email.

Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview

Have interviewed here several times, every time the interview are very traditional. Always going off a sheet of paper and questions like "have you ever had a time where you had an issue with an employee, what did you do" type questions...

Interview Questions

• what type of research have you done and what type of analysis did you use   Answer Question

Offer was not as high as expected

Work at New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Share Your Experiences

New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene