New York City Department of Small Businesses

Relevance Date Difficulty

Knowledge & Content Management Intern/NYC Business Express Internship Interview

Knowledge & Content Management Intern/NYC Business Express Internship
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New York City Department of Small Businesses in October 2009.

Interview Details – The person who would have been my boss contacted me directly via email. I was asked to do a phone interview. The person requested a writing sample before the phone interview which I sent through email. The interview questions were challenging. When I wasn't able to convince the interviewer of my answers, he started to remark why he does these phone screening interviews. He may have been nice but it came across a little harsh.I got a second call from the interview after two days for an in person interview. However, I declined the offer politely.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York City Department of Small Businesses in May 2009.

Interview Details – Initial screening was done by an HR rep over the phone. Secondary interviews occurred in SBS's office with three separate people. Each interview ran for about an hour. Every last person complained about being over-worked and all but the head of the group admitted to disliking a significant part of their job. IN the end I did not receive an offer. I was notified by email that I did not receive the job. The email was sent by the person who would have been my immediate boss. The email was addressed "Dear ____," Yes. Dear underscore.

Interview Question – What specific ideas do you have about how to run this program?   Answer Question

Worked for New York City Department of Small Businesses? Contribute to the Community!