New York City Department of Small Businesses

Unclaimed Profile

New York City Department of Small Businesses Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York City Department of Small Businesses

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York City Department of Small Businesses (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

The person who would have been my boss contacted me directly via email. I was asked to do a phone interview. The person requested a writing sample before the phone interview which I sent through email. The interview questions were challenging. When I wasn't able to convince the interviewer of my answers, he started to remark why he does these phone screening interviews. He may have been nice but it came across a little harsh.I got a second call from the interview after two days for an in person interview. However, I declined the offer politely.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York City Department of Small Businesses (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial screening was done by an HR rep over the phone. Secondary interviews occurred in SBS's office with three separate people. Each interview ran for about an hour. Every last person complained about being over-worked and all but the head of the group admitted to disliking a significant part of their job. IN the end I did not receive an offer. I was notified by email that I did not receive the job. The email was sent by the person who would have been my immediate boss. The email was addressed "Dear ____," Yes. Dear underscore.

Interview Questions

• What specific ideas do you have about how to run this program?   Answer Question