New York City Government Agency

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Judge Interview

Administrative Judge
New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at New York City Government Agency in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on-line, got an e-mail confirmation, and then a phone call weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was with 3 administrative law judges, who asked me questions like "what would you do if a litigant or attorney was disrespectful in your courtroom" and if I would be able to follow the law even in emotionally compelling cases. If I had made it to the next round, which I did not, I was told that there would be a writing competition amongst the remaining candidates.
I would suggest that you know exactly what types of cases OATH hears and be sure that you want to be a judge before you go into the interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an administrative law judge and do you think you will miss being a lawyer?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Real Estate Management Interview

Real Estate Management

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New York City Government Agency in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very professional and amiable panel. However, it seemed they had a pre-selected candidate in mind and were merely going through the motions of interviews to make the selection process appear competetive and open.

Interview Question – None were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York City Government Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York City Government Agency interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by New York City Government Agency employees and interview candidates.