New York Community Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Cleveland, OH) in December 2014.

Interview

Originally I applied for a part time position at a branch that i'm not currently working at. I applied for the position and was invite to interview within a week. I felt that I made a good connection with the branch manager who seemed genuinely interested in knowing me and my motivation for wanting to work at her branch. While she did not select me for the position, she did think enough of me to forward my resume to the branch where I currently am once a position became available. For that interview the branch manager did a phone interview with me and the assistant manager conducted my in person interview. I didn't know what the outcome would be because I wasn't sure if I made the connection I felt I made with the previous branch I applied to.

Interview Questions

• We are sales based and driven how would attain your goals?   1 Answer

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Usually just the manager will call and set up an interview date. My manager who interviewed me was very nice. Just do research on the company before you go. it all really depends on who interviews you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

applied online, got a call in a few days, interviewed in person, got a call back a few days later that I was being hired. I had to go into NYC to get fingerprinted, and drug tested. (standard drug test). Accept the offer online and go to orientation in NJ. Finally began 2 week training class for position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, hourly rate started at $12.50. I got a .50 raise after my 3 month performance review.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Jericho, NY).

Interview

Applied and was contacted by Human Resources; scheduled a sit-down interview. Sit-down interview was a discussion of prior experience and some analytical thinking, then industry and quantitative questions. Was called initially by human resources and then by department manager to inform me that I had been hired. No real discussion about compensation, but had a letter delivered to my house later congratulating me and disclosing a modest increase in pay.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process is somewhat easy for the entry level position, FSA. Just do your homework on the company and you will be fine. Be ready to answer of how you plan on getting your sales and being efficient.

Financial Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

I filled out an application in Manhattan, NY. I was interviewed at 2 different locations. I chose the Yonkers location it was easy to get to. During the interview we discuss the bank history and my experience. Manager was very friendly felt like I was talking to a old friend.

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Westbury, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

After about 2 weeks, I got a call from Recruiter and had a phone interview. Two days later, I had an interview at the Westbury Headquarters, where I met with the 2 deparment heads. They made me feel comfortable. The interview process was like having a conversation and they asked alot of questions about your expereince/background and what you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real difficult questions. Just make sure you have 2 or 3 really good questions to ask them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I got an email with the offer.

Branch Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Community Bancorp in May 2014.

Interview

Quick call back after online application. Met with Branch Manager and Regional Manager. Matched my offer within one hour. Started training within 3 weeks of online application. They do a thorough background check of employment and salary history

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp (Staten Island, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an in person interview. It was a pretty easy interview. Met with the manager and assistant manager. They asked me some basic interview questions. I got a call the next day and was offered the job.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Interview

Never ending interviews, they made the job seem a lot more attractive than it actually is. It is almost impossible not to land this job they have unqualified people left and right. They are looking for cheap labor.

Interview Questions

• Basic basic interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Absolutely nothing (see above: cheap labor)