New York Community Bancorp

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Financial Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Usually just the manager will call and set up an interview date. My manager who interviewed me was very nice. Just do research on the company before you go. it all really depends on who interviews you.

Financial Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staten Island, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

applied online, got a call in a few days, interviewed in person, got a call back a few days later that I was being hired. I had to go into NYC to get fingerprinted, and drug tested. (standard drug test). Accept the offer online and go to orientation in NJ. Finally began 2 week training class for position.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, hourly rate started at $12.50. I got a .50 raise after my 3 month performance review.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Applied and was contacted by Human Resources; scheduled a sit-down interview. Sit-down interview was a discussion of prior experience and some analytical thinking, then industry and quantitative questions. Was called initially by human resources and then by department manager to inform me that I had been hired. No real discussion about compensation, but had a letter delivered to my house later congratulating me and disclosing a modest increase in pay.

Financial Service Associate Interview

The hiring and interview process is somewhat easy for the entry level position, FSA. Just do your homework on the company and you will be fine. Be ready to answer of how you plan on getting your sales and being efficient.

Financial Service Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

I filled out an application in Manhattan, NY. I was interviewed at 2 different locations. I chose the Yonkers location it was easy to get to. During the interview we discuss the bank history and my experience. Manager was very friendly felt like I was talking to a old friend.

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp in May 2014.

After about 2 weeks, I got a call from Recruiter and had a phone interview. Two days later, I had an interview at the Westbury Headquarters, where I met with the 2 deparment heads. They made me feel comfortable. The interview process was like having a conversation and they asked alot of questions about your expereince/background and what you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any real difficult questions. Just make sure you have 2 or 3 really good questions to ask them.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I got an email with the offer.

Financial Services Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

Never ending interviews, they made the job seem a lot more attractive than it actually is. It is almost impossible not to land this job they have unqualified people left and right. They are looking for cheap labor.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely nothing (see above: cheap labor)

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp.

apply on-line, very horrible process, had to reapply 3 times, because of their system

IT Field Tech Interview

Interviewed with project manager. It was more of her talking about the project and confirming your resume inputs

Interview Questions
    • Name a problem you had with your computer recently and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    When HR called for my second phone interview I was asked my desired rate. When I received my job offer they gave me $2 more that my initial request.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Community Bancorp in May 2013.

Applied online , although wanted to apply for multiple positions , but their system does not allow to apply for multiple positions at one time . After a couple of days received a call from HR recruit to schedule an interview . I asked her about the salary , she told me with my experience , it would be about high 30s , and there was only a part time position available . I had not expected that and I had to decline the interview .

Pay was too low for my experience, and the position was downgraded to part time instead of full time.