New York County District Attorney

New York County District Attorney Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.9

Forensic Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York County District Attorney in May 2015.

Interview

Got an interview about three weeks after applying it was very nonchalant we basically had a conversation for thirty minutes. Very friendly interviewer it was the easiest interview I have ever had. Just felt so comfortable. Went over resume very casually.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called in by the Bureau manager. Took a few weeks. Had an interview for the week after. The interview process took around 2 hours long. Had an initial interview with the manager which was mostly a quick info about job. Then met an Assistant District Attorney, which went well. Met some paralegals. Met the chief bureau assistant district attorneys.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too many questions. Mostly about why I wanted to work at the DA's office and why I wanted to be a paralegal. Generic questions. Nothing big. Seemed very laid back, but couldn't get a good read on whether the interviewers liked me or not. Good experience overall. One unexpected question was one about how many soccer balls are produced in the US.   Answer Question

Forensic Accounting Interview

Application

interviewed at New York County District Attorney in April 2014.

Interview

introduce yourself, ask your question about your resume. you have better have some experience about taxation. it is depend their investigator. overall, the interview is not hard, just prepare some behavior question.

Forensic Accounting Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview first, then on-site interview, just go on your resume

Computer Forensic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very technical in nature. Sat with department director, lab manager, bureau chief and supervisor to discuss knowledge and experiences. Questions were directed at hypothetical situations that did not necessarily reflect the work that was being done in this lab. Overall the interview was fairly simple and help was given to direct the answers more clearly.

Interview Questions

• If you walk into this room what would be your plan to figure out if a computer system has been hacked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really only salary wise we discussed annual salary but was paid an hourly wage equating to an annual salary.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted initial application, with resume, and cover letter. Then I had a phone interview, and then they asked for another application, which was more detailed and contained GPA and standardized testing scores. Eventually they asked for an in person interview in New York. The interviewer was very personable and seemed excited.

Interview Questions

• He asked about other prospects for the summer. Don't mention you have anything else that might be of interest (even though this was my first choice).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Went to two interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York County District Attorney (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. Questions were not hard. Just be confident, have an interest in public service, and what the DA's office does. I'd say confidence/nervousness was my killer.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York County District Attorney in November 2009.

Interview

On campus interview. It was the end of the day and interviewer definitely did not want to be there. Lots of hypos, she was basically asking how I would handle certain situations from her own cases.

Interview Questions

• I had this situation where I did not feel that I had enough evidence to prosecute but my supervisor told me I must prosecute the case. What would you do in that situation?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where a victim of severe domestic violence did not want to testify at trial?   Answer Question