New York Habitat Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Habitat

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Habitat (New York, NY).

Interview

First they send you a test to check your English ( if you are not a native speaker) and French test . They give you 24h to complete it. You have to write 1 blog article about travel in each language ( they give you different subjects ) and a grammar test. Once they approve your test they invite you for a interview...

Interview Questions

• General corporate questions : your backgrouNd, your professional life , they check your French , silly questions like what's is your weakness, strength points etc. ATTENTTION to everybody who apply; they offer you 1350$ a month for all work you have to do! No vacation , no grow , no benefits and you gotta work on weekends!!!!!! Run away from them! It's a typical French system to hire you as an intern to pay you the minimum and then kick you out!!!!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Habitat (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Open ended phone interview followed up by in person interview with very nice VP. Most questions were standard interview questions

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Habitat (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward. Called in, met with the VP who essentially explained what the company is about. Asked a few standard questions and that was that. Got offered the job on the spot and afterwards toured the office and got introduced to who I would be working with. Very laid back for the most part.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Habitat (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview is average. They're looking for people to be 100% commission so they want people who can sell. They look for language skills and people who have been to the cities they represent. You send your resume - they're all over Craigslist - and they sort through them. The interview process is easy, you just need to be humble and yes them to death.

Interview Questions

• There are no questions out of the ordinary for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't any negotiation. You're given the leads and earn a low cut of the revenue. If you consider yourself to have more than average skill and ask for a higher cut, they probably will be turned off by that. They put a value on obedience and humility - not the usual aggressive salesperson.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Habitat in August 2010.

Interview

I have been contacted by phone after I sent my resume by email.
    I answered questions over the phone;then I went to their office for an interview and meet with HR and CEO.
    Interview last for approximately 2 hours.
    After that, they contacted me 3 or 4 days later to let me know that they hired someone else for the position.
    They are mainly looking for bilingual or trilingual people (maybe that’s why…) with customer service background. No experience seems to be required. But I had my license.