New York ISO

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York ISO.

Interview Details – Rather formal office structure, with lots of cubicals and people. Interview was very standard, 90s business type, plenty of relevant questions and not much else. Was given an interview shortly after contacting them from a job listing on a jobs website. Seemed like a nice enough place, though, with a cafeteria, etc.

Interview Question – Asked about how exactly I could use my field's knowledge towards the energy markets.   View Answer

Planning Engineer Interview

Planning Engineer
Rensselaer, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at New York ISO in June 2012.

Interview Details – i applied to the position internally because i was interested in making a move to another department. so the interview was scheduled by HR and there were 3 people present, including the hiring manager himself, another manager who the hiring manager invited, and an engineer from the department. i was bombarded with all kinds of questions from start to finish and they took notes galore. to make a long story short, in the end, and for some unknown reason to me, i did not get the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your department and join this group?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
East Greenbush, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New York ISO in March 2010.

Interview Details – contacted employee I met in grad school. Seemed like a great place to work. Environment was very professional but friendly. One phone interview with contact + on-site (1 hour). Soft HR question - "what qualities do you think a good supervisor has?" I followed up 2x ( 3 days & 4 weeks) with no response. My asking salary was a $5-$10k DECREASE and still no follow-up or offer.

Interview Question – See commentary for soft HR question   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for New York ISO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York ISO interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by New York ISO employees and interview candidates.