New York Institute of Technology Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Institute of Technology

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed HR my resume after viewing the opening on a job post. HR called me less than a week later for a short phone interview. The interview took less than 10 minutes, not to mention the HR employee was over a half hour late to call me for the phone screening. There were no interview questions other than "how much do you make?" Literally no questions about my background. Just "what is your current salary?" The HR person kept pressuring me to reveal my salary, which is highly unprofessional. In fact, after specifically stating that my current employer does not allow us to reveal salaries the NYIT HR person rudely asked "are you really not going to tell me your salary?" They were clearly screening applicants based only on salary requirements. The reviews on Glassdoor were right; NYIT is interested in keeping salaries low and not hiring based on quality. Bad first impression from a reputable college.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was in two phases: Phase 1 : Phone interview ; it was pretty casual asking about Education history,academic projects and the ongoing Project. Phase 2 : Assesement Exam ; divided into 4 sections . 10 questions in 2 min , Math questions ,logical questions and coding. Coding was mainly on algorithms and datastructures Such as " given a string all permutation of the string but uppercase letters and special characters dont move.

Interview Questions

• About the academic project   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

relatively easy process compared to some other academic interviews i've been on. initially a phone screening which was straightforward, then an invitation to meet the personnel committee on campus in old westbury. this consisted of a panel meeting with seven or so members of the personnel team, as well as a one on one with the dean.

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

The interview process starts informally, either with service as an adjunct or through a connection into the department you're interested in. A series of interviews will follow, generally 2 or 3, usually one with the dean of the school in person, perhaps one over the phone, and another with the hiring committee (4-8 full-time professors). It helps greatly if you have taught as an adjunct and performed significant university service already.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my assignments, which were slightly unorthodox in nature, reflected the demands of real-world, professional experience for the students.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The university generally establishes the salary for the position, so even deans don't have direct control. If any negotiation is possible, you'd have to get the dean on your side, and have him/her "go to bat" for you.

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was recommended by a colleague and had several years of teaching experience. The interview was simple and straight forward. The department chair just wanted to meet me in person before offering me a position.

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was very smooth with two professors initially screening me as candidate. Questions asked were reasonable and friendly. Afterwards, there was a tour of the premises including meeting several students. The atmosphere was relaxed. The panel meeting consisted of several profs and administration personnel. Again, this was friendly and informative.