New York Institute of Technology

New York Institute of Technology Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Institute of Technology

Assistant Professor Interview

relatively easy process compared to some other academic interviews i've been on. initially a phone screening which was straightforward, then an invitation to meet the personnel committee on campus in old westbury. this consisted of a panel meeting with seven or so members of the personnel team, as well as a one on one with the dean.

Interview Questions

Assistant Professor Interview

The interview process starts informally, either with service as an adjunct or through a connection into the department you're interested in. A series of interviews will follow, generally 2 or 3, usually one with the dean of the school in person, perhaps one over the phone, and another with the hiring committee (4-8 full-time professors). It helps greatly if you have taught as an adjunct and performed significant university service already.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how my assignments, which were slightly unorthodox in nature, reflected the demands of real-world, professional experience for the students.   Answer Question
    The university generally establishes the salary for the position, so even deans don't have direct control. If any negotiation is possible, you'd have to get the dean on your side, and have him/her "go to bat" for you.

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology in January 2012.

I was recommended by a colleague and had several years of teaching experience. The interview was simple and straight forward. The department chair just wanted to meet me in person before offering me a position.

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Institute of Technology in May 2009.

The interview was very smooth with two professors initially screening me as candidate. Questions asked were reasonable and friendly. Afterwards, there was a tour of the premises including meeting several students. The atmosphere was relaxed.

The panel meeting consisted of several profs and administration personnel. Again, this was friendly and informative.