New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in July 2010.

The interview was done with Department director, manager and one other manager level person. Interview lasted about an hour with general questions. It was very pleasant experience and I regret that I did not do better.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

I did a phone interview with Aon Hewitt in February. The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and I was given time to ask questions at the end. I received an email about a week later saying they were not interested. Overall, the interviewer was nice. He told me about his job and the duties of the actuarial interns.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you to break down a difficult concept and explain it to someone who did not understand.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

I just have the phone interview, and preparing for the on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in January 2009.

Applied online. Recruited contacted me for a phone interview within a week. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. He talked about the position and the company. It consisted of standard questions. I was asked why I chose to attend my school, what my responsibilities and routines were at my old job and if I has any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you demonstrated strong initiative.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!