New York Life Actuarial Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in July 2010.

The interview was done with Department director, manager and one other manager level person. Interview lasted about an hour with general questions. It was very pleasant experience and I regret that I did not do better.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in January 2009.

Applied online. Recruited contacted me for a phone interview within a week. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. He talked about the position and the company. It consisted of standard questions. I was asked why I chose to attend my school, what my responsibilities and routines were at my old job and if I has any questions for him.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you demonstrated strong initiative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

I just have the phone interview, and preparing for the on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in January 2014.

Phone interview first - just simple behavioral questions. Second interview was on site. Interviewed with 5 people. Each focused on their own individual area - General Interest in NYL / Why Actuarial, second focused on my resume, third on Technical Skills, fourth was a general overview of the company, fifth asked the more difficult questions / tested knowledge on the industry. A very fair process.

Interview Questions
    • Name and explain 3 different types of events that could greatly effect the profitability of the company?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

applied online and heard back pretty soon, they are so productive! Then set for a phone interview, basically just behavior questions and went through your resumes. I didn't get the second round.

Interview Questions
    • 1. describe one of your leadership experiences and what you learn from this experience
      2. what is the most difficult functions you can use in excel
        Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

They had my resume on file from the previous year and emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes; asked me basic questions on my resume, what I knew about the company, and a bunch of behavioral questions, and there was time for me to ask questions at the end. I was notified of my rejection via email a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I did a phone interview with Aon Hewitt in February. The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and I was given time to ask questions at the end. I received an email about a week later saying they were not interested. Overall, the interviewer was nice. He told me about his job and the duties of the actuarial interns.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you to break down a difficult concept and explain it to someone who did not understand.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!