New York Life

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recruited contacted me for a phone interview within a week. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. He talked about the position and the company. It consisted of standard questions. I was asked why I chose to attend my school, what my responsibilities and routines were at my old job and if I has any questions for him.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you demonstrated strong initiative.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

Interview Details – I just have the phone interview, and preparing for the on site interview.

Interview Question – Questions about my consulting company experience   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview with Aon Hewitt in February. The questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. The interview lasted about thirty minutes and I was given time to ask questions at the end. I received an email about a week later saying they were not interested. Overall, the interviewer was nice. He told me about his job and the duties of the actuarial interns.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you to break down a difficult concept and explain it to someone who did not understand.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York Life

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at New York Life Actuarial interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by New York Life employees and interview candidates.