New York Life Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professionally run interview. Everybody was extremely pleasant. Interview took about 1/2 hour and was 1 on 1 with the partner that initially contacted me about coming to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 words your best friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, and informative. Saw the office and any and all questions were answered. Learned how the commission works which was informative. Felt very comfortable and at ease while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• It was more of me asking questions then the interviewer asking questions.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Interview was lengthily, expect four to six. Process is very easy going and relaxed and you will meet several managers. In the event you do get hired, you will not get paid until you hit a certain number to become an active employee.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not difficult. The main focus is to see your social skills, because it is a sales job and also to see how large your natural market would be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, paid solely on commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at New York Life (Independence, OH).

Interview

Met at a university job fair, they quickly called for an interview, it went very smooth, second interview my recruiter asked me to lay out a business plan for my agency. Then I got hired, the turnover in the insurance industry is huge so they will hire most people if you show promise

Interview Questions

• Create a vision of your company, selling NYL products how would you structure your agency   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple. they laid out the guidlines and contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me after discovering an old resume I forgot I had on careerbuilder.com. I am always open to hearing offers and this was a chance to work in a field and actually utilize what I studied in college.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions due to the unique circumstances during my interview. An agent stepped in to retrieve a file and it turned out we knew each other. An offer was made on the spot after he vouched for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The interview turned very informal once another agent popped his head in the office and he recognized me. It turns out I knew him through some friends. I was offered the job on the spot pending background/credit check.

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from a manager about 2 days later, went in for an interview the next day. Very professional, yet relaxed interview that asked the standard questions. Took about an hour and a half, and had to fill out a personality test at the end. Very good experience, however I wasn't interested in the company and did not go in for a second interview.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Interview

There was really not much to my interview. A friend of a friend is an agent and he contacted a partner who setup the interview. I met with a partner and a training manager. The interview really consisted of them trying to convince me to give the position a shot. They were clear up front about the nature of the job and explained the comp structure, which is 100% commission based.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Solid interview. Went for two meetings and after the second meeting I gathered all the information I needed in deciding that this was not a job for me. I was expected to work when I am away from work. Your free time and weekends are spent generating leads and socializing with clubs and local events.

Interview Questions

You generate your own business under the New York life name. No base pay strictly commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Three interviews first one you have to submit your information in order for them to perform a background check. 2nd interview they talk about compensation. third interview they offer you a job. If you show up to all three of the interviews and can pass a background check they will offer you a job.

Negotiation

100% commission don't let them let you think otherwise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Southfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an interview by one of the partners. I had an interview that went well. After completing the interview, I took an assessment test while in the office. I was cslled a day later to come for a second interview. I went and I met the managing partner. I also attended the career orientation that was split between the managing partner and another partner. I was hired and signed a paper ream of documents. After my background check cleared, I started training. It was a eeek long process.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about the career?   1 Answer