New York Life Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life (Waltham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview took about 4 visits but I was determined to get tired anywhere

Interview Questions

• The agonizing long hours put into the interview can be annoying   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you would like to strive to make 6 figures, then be patience with the interviews

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life (Columbia, SC) in September 2012.

Interview

3 interviews: Introduction, Compensation, Contract

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, pay is commission +bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life (Edina, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend in the company whose partner was hiring. 5 step process. Felt very good about the process, however I felt they put too much emphasis on the potential for income and not enough emphasis on what the job actually entailed.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard personality questions nothing very technical.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no room for negotiation and no compensation until you prove yourself a valuable employee

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Solid interview. Went for two meetings and after the second meeting I gathered all the information I needed in deciding that this was not a job for me. I was expected to work when I am away from work. Your free time and weekends are spent generating leads and socializing with clubs and local events.

Interview Questions

You generate your own business under the New York life name. No base pay strictly commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It's a 3-4 step interview process depending on your Recruiting Partner. After your 1st interview, you will have to take a personality test before you leave. If your personality fits the position you will move on to the next round. You will also have to attend a few meetings to insure this is the right fit for you.

Interview Questions

• There are several recruiting partners, I am not sure what questions they ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Southfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an interview by one of the partners. I had an interview that went well. After completing the interview, I took an assessment test while in the office. I was cslled a day later to come for a second interview. I went and I met the managing partner. I also attended the career orientation that was split between the managing partner and another partner. I was hired and signed a paper ream of documents. After my background check cleared, I started training. It was a eeek long process.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about the career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professionally run interview. Everybody was extremely pleasant. Interview took about 1/2 hour and was 1 on 1 with the partner that initially contacted me about coming to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 words your best friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It is a multiple-interview process and you will be checking out the company as much as they will be checking you out. They want to know if you have the motivation to run your own business.