New York Life Agent Interview Questions

2.4

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life in July 2012.

The interview took about 4 visits but I was determined to get tired anywhere

Interview Questions
  • The agonizing long hours put into the interview can be annoying   Answer Question
If you would like to strive to make 6 figures, then be patience with the interviews

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life in September 2012.

3 interviews: Introduction, Compensation, Contract

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, pay is commission +bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.

Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in June 2014.

Interview1: Introductions, just getting to one another.
     Interview2: Introduction to Products and how they are marketed.
     Interview3: Compensation Conversation

Be sincere, genuine, and a go-getter.

My recruiter was knowledgeable, professional, and easy to talk to. Does his job well.

Stiff. No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

It's a multiple-interview process to ensure candidates and NYL are a good fit for each other. Not for everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall. Very natural conversation.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

I gave my resume to a head hunter at my university job fair and received a call a couple weeks later from a manager. First interview basic questions but vague about job duties. Declined second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in August 2011.

The interview process with New York Life is very long. I had 5 different interviews and they easily could have been consolidated into 3.

They illustrate the steps needed to be successful and after being there for a while they were right on the mark.

They make you "prove" yourself before offering you full time status which I agree with, it weeds out the slackers.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to complete 15 interview with people as part of the process. At first I thought that was a little too much but now I see that this helps gauge a prospective agents commitement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

The process was filled with steps that at first seemed like busy work but in truth were basic skills needed to perform the job descriptions. I did not feel that any of this was overwhelming though it does take persistence.

Interview Questions
    • If you were faced with being a self managed or micro- managed employee how would you work best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life in April 2011.

It was a three step process, initial screening, marketing and training, and comp. The communication was good. They allowed me to transition from my previous employer and worked with me in my training and my schedule. They were very flexible with my situation. I had to do a Personality test, and do 20 personal interviews with friend and business to see if this business was the right fit for me. They asked me to compile a list of 200 people I know. I later found out that afterward they send out a professional letter on my behalf, introducing me to the business. NO further marketing was done to solicite them. I respected that. In fact many of my first clients were people from that intro letter.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that you will be highly successful in this business?
      Is this the right fit for you?
        Answer Question
    They gave me a 3 year training allowance, which is very uncommon in this industry, other places have 6 month overides. NYL for the first year was 80% additional comission for your training allowance, case rate bonus of $450 monthly 6 paiod cases ,and expense allowance was on a sliding scale, but I am currently receiving about 8 to 10%. If you have your series 6 , 63, or 7 they have a different negotiation phase.