New York Life Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy, just talking with the partner and she introduced you the process. She kept talking about the commission to get my attraction. There wasn't any real question but just checking back for her presentation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Sunrise, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews, one was a group interview. I had to take an aptitude profile, submit to a background check, submit fingerprints, have my credit checked. All interviews were with hiring manager at all times. Ultimately the hire was finalized after a trial period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Thorough vetting process: 2 interviews with a recruiter; a compatibility test, 2 interviews with partner and Training and Development. The format is very structured: interview, compatibility test, follow up interview (if you are a "match") with the partner, there was role-playing with a Training and Development employee and a meeting with the Managing partner.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about life insurance? Do you have life insurance? Are you comfortable asking friends and family to talk to you about your business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation - it is all commission based; you are an independent contractor representing NYL.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

They spent a lot of time getting to know me- Very informative and upfront A little dragged out- 4 interviews/meetings before getting licensed Licensing and contracting took a long time as well - not necessarily their fault but still time consuming. Needed a lot of information

Interview Questions

• Asked about my future plans- if management was on my career path   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It is a thorough process that will show you the potential to make substantial income. That being said, you need to have a good network of people to reach out to. If you

Interview Questions

• Can you set two appointments each day every day for some time in the future?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It is a multiple-interview process and you will be checking out the company as much as they will be checking you out. They want to know if you have the motivation to run your own business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very professionally run interview. Everybody was extremely pleasant. Interview took about 1/2 hour and was 1 on 1 with the partner that initially contacted me about coming to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 5 words your best friend would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Southfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an interview by one of the partners. I had an interview that went well. After completing the interview, I took an assessment test while in the office. I was cslled a day later to come for a second interview. I went and I met the managing partner. I also attended the career orientation that was split between the managing partner and another partner. I was hired and signed a paper ream of documents. After my background check cleared, I started training. It was a eeek long process.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about the career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, and informative. Saw the office and any and all questions were answered. Learned how the commission works which was informative. Felt very comfortable and at ease while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• It was more of me asking questions then the interviewer asking questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It's a 3-4 step interview process depending on your Recruiting Partner. After your 1st interview, you will have to take a personality test before you leave. If your personality fits the position you will move on to the next round. You will also have to attend a few meetings to insure this is the right fit for you.

Interview Questions

• There are several recruiting partners, I am not sure what questions they ask.   Answer Question