New York Life Agent Interview Questions

2.4

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseville, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at New York Life in June 2012.

There were four or five thorough interviews. The manager took his time to know me, explain the opportunity and allow me to "interview" him, as well. He even had my wife come in for one interview, to introduce the company and explain the income opportunity to her. The hiring manager was my working manager after being hired, and was very easy to work with.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in June 2014.

Interview1: Introductions, just getting to one another.
     Interview2: Introduction to Products and how they are marketed.
     Interview3: Compensation Conversation

Be sincere, genuine, and a go-getter.

My recruiter was knowledgeable, professional, and easy to talk to. Does his job well.

Stiff. No Negotiation.

Agent Interview

Hiring process was simple and straightforward-met hiring manager at a networking event, and spoke to him a few times. Took a quick computer test and was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult--they only care about who you know so they can use you to get more business   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in April 2014.

The interview process is lengthy, but not difficult. First stage was a company presentation with questions regarding education, experience, and insurance or financial background. A little bit of family information questions were asked, but nothing prying or of a deeply personal nature. Second stage is the compensation overview. It took an hour and a half and it is quite detailed and fairly complex. I have not attended the third interview yet, which will be on the marketing plan and should take an additional hour. I expect an offer to follow.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question, but age old in interviews, that was asked was "tell me about yourself."   View Answer

Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Applied through school. Several interviews before getting job offer. Driven but friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • What are three characteristics you have that make you good for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

It's a multiple-interview process to ensure candidates and NYL are a good fit for each other. Not for everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall. Very natural conversation.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in January 2010.

I was recruited in by another agent who gave management my resume. I was then called in by a partner and interviewed. The interview was pretty straight forward, and more time was spent explaining the company and job duties, than questions directed towards me. At the end of the interview, I was offered the job by going through the training program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at New York Life.

I gave my resume to a head hunter at my university job fair and received a call a couple weeks later from a manager. First interview basic questions but vague about job duties. Declined second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online - interviewed at New York Life in September 2012.

3 interviews: Introduction, Compensation, Contract

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, pay is commission +bonus

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!