New York Life

2.4

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in August 2013.

4 interviews with projects (homework) to prepare for the next. Your work must be satisfactory just to advance to the next interview. This involves interviewing family, friends, neighbors, and other acquaintances to prepare. They also test your skills to identify places or businesses as sales opportunities. One of the most challenging processes I've been through but the opportunity is great if it is a good fit for you. It turned out to not be for me.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, you start part time with no base salary, only commission.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life.

Usually 5 interviews before they invite you to join.

Interview Questions
    • How much of our business do you think is based solely on peoples mortality?   Answer Question
    They really do not allow you to negotiate, its more like take it or leave it...its all about the "unlimited earning potential"....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life in September 2012.

3 interviews: Introduction, Compensation, Contract

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, pay is commission +bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Each general office has it's own culture so it's important to join a successful office with a competent management staff. This can be simply acquired by finding out how many "Partners" are at the office. The interview process should usually consist of four meetings. The first meeting consists of understanding the company. Afterwards, a self assessment homework assignment is given to be completed for the second interview to determine whether or not this career is the right fit. The third interview consists of the explanation of compensation and training bonuses. The fourth meeting is the sign up process and three months of training or minimum sales before going full time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect your annual income to be in the first year? 5 years?   View Answer
    This hiring process is dependent on individual managers/partners. They seek highly motivated and qualified individuals to join their team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life in July 2012.

The interview took about 4 visits but I was determined to get tired anywhere

Interview Questions
    • The agonizing long hours put into the interview can be annoying   Answer Question
    If you would like to strive to make 6 figures, then be patience with the interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in June 2012.

There were four or five thorough interviews. The manager took his time to know me, explain the opportunity and allow me to "interview" him, as well. He even had my wife come in for one interview, to introduce the company and explain the income opportunity to her. The hiring manager was my working manager after being hired, and was very easy to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

It will feel more like a recruiting process than anything, because that's what it is. Ask as many questions as possible, do as much research as you can, and be true to yourself. If everything they tell you sounds good, ask a few more questions, then make sure it's a good fit for you. If you're the right type of person you will succeed, if not it makes for a lot of stressful and unhappy days.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview process is the manager selling you on the company. Tip: The managers are the best of the best at selling, it's why they're managers now. Be sure that it is a good fit for you, and if it is you will make a lot of money and enjoy what you're doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

It's a multiple-interview process to ensure candidates and NYL are a good fit for each other. Not for everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall. Very natural conversation.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in December 2011.

I forget if it is a 4 or 5 step interview process. First two interviews get you familiar with the company and industry to see if you'd be a good fit. Beyond that it's about you and how you would fit.

Interview Questions
    • With no background in the financial industry, why do you feel you would be a good fit at New York Life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in August 2011.

The interview process with New York Life is very long. I had 5 different interviews and they easily could have been consolidated into 3.

They illustrate the steps needed to be successful and after being there for a while they were right on the mark.

They make you "prove" yourself before offering you full time status which I agree with, it weeds out the slackers.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to complete 15 interview with people as part of the process. At first I thought that was a little too much but now I see that this helps gauge a prospective agents commitement.   Answer Question