New York Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at New York Life in February 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and coverletter online through Company's website. Received a call from HR coordinator to schedule a phone interview with her. Afterwords, interviewed over the phone with a business-line manager. Straightforward process.

Interview Question – What do you know about New York Life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was emailed by a senior adviser at New York Life after he saw my resume on Career Builder. I was invited to a group interview at the office where we were asked questions regarding our knowledge of basic economic and financial concepts as well as about our professional background. I was surprised at how little my fellow candidates knew. I was called back for a one on one interview and was really excited about trying out a career with NYL. However, the online application was particularly tedious and basically involved documenting every single address, job, school, earnings, etc one had in the past ten years. Ten card was standard as well for FTC background check. For a totally commission based position I decided it was too risky for my then bleak financial situation but hope to give it another try.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!