New York Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.2

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in March 2011.

Interviewed initially with managing partner. AsI left I took a personality test. The next interview at the same office with the same person was basically to tell me why my personality was not a fit . (So why was I called back?). I left he interview with a bad taste in my mouth from that interview and felt the person was a complete jerk. I took another position and sure enouh, his secretary emailed me 4 weeks later asking if I wanted to move forwad. (?) I have heard your initial employmen at NY life begins with you giving them 200 names and addresses of friends and family that they start soliciting.

Interview Questions
  • What would yu have done differently (regarding my working at Countrywide Wholesale Lending)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in April 2013.

long interview process, very detailed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

Applied through college career center, got a call back within 1 week to set up an interview. I find out on arrival that it is a group interview and am kept waiting 45 mins. Guy struts in with slicked back hair and shirt half unbottoned. Real boiler room type guy. He was rude and short with everyone. Dismissed me not long after, thank god.

Interview Questions
    • If you read the top section about the hiring and interview process then this will make sense: why do you want to work here was the most difficult questions (and the same time the easiest questions). I didnt want to work there but was too embarrassed to say so, so I fumbled through it talking about starting a career and making money to provide for my family.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

First interview went well. Second interview was disappointing since hiring manager never showed up. He left me waiting for over an hour. They don't validate parking. The hiring manager called me 15 minutes after 3pm to see where I was and stated that we had an interview at 2pm. I laughed it off since I am looking for training and support. If the manager is too busy to meet with me on time, then how will the support be? I waited in the lobby for an hour before I left. Maybe that's some kind of a test to determine how much of a push over you are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

Was referred to the company by a friend then was called by a NYL rep. Spoke to him on the phone for about 20 minutes then he asked me to come in for a meeting. We then had a 1-1 meeting. Went over bits of training and financial incentives. Seemed pretty clear cut. Incentives were great and straightforward.

Not right fit.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in May 2013.

First "interview" is really just meeting the recruiter and time to ask questions you have. Then you are set up with "info sessions," one at a time, (there are 3) before the real interview with the person making hiring decisions. Really makes you think about whether or not you want to be selling for them. They are seemingly transparent about all of their work and success so it seems like a good gig, if thats the industry you want to be in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life in August 2012.

Very informal interview, last 1 hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2012.

Multiple interview process. First Interview was mostly spent talking about previous job experiences in the financial industry. Second Interview was further discussion about the company, the position, and the compensation structure. There was also plenty of time for question and answer in both interviews. Interviews were very comfortable and more of a conversation back and forth rather than the interviewer asking all of the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given past experience, what qualifies you most for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in November 2012.

Multiple interviews. Second interview seemed to be more of a sales presentation to me based on potential compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview. No different or more difficult than any other interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in September 2011.

Series of interviews detailing their training program.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you'd be qualified as a financial planner?   Answer Question