New York Life

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – Received email from HR asking to set up an interview for the position I applied online. No phone screen necessary. I met with three Corporate VP managers (30 minutes each) and last with the HR recruiter (10-15 minutes). The interviews were more conversational. They all asked why I was looking to leave my current company and to tell them about myself. The meeting with the HR recruiter at the end was more about my current salary, what my salary expectations were and how I felt about the team and position.

I received a phone call 3 days later from the HR recruiter; she gave me feedback from the interview which was overall positive and I was told the team would be making their decision in a week. Over 3 weeks later, I get an email from HR asking me if I would be interested in interviewing for another position with another team that they had open.

I later found out that the position I interviewed for was filled by an internal candidate and the managers that interviewed me actually referred me to the other position that was open.
I was a little disgruntled from the lack of communication or updates from HR.

Interview Question – Give an example of how I improved a process.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!