New York Life

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Representative Interview

I went in expecting it to be an hour or hour and a half initial interview... 2 1/2 hours later - I walked out and gained nothing. Definitely don't want to work for a company that doesn't respect my time!

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2014.

Was first reached out to by email by managing partners assistant. Went in for a total of 6 interviews. None of the interviews were particularly difficult or probing, just making sure that my personality would be fitting for a sales like position. Dance around the fact that it is a fully commission based sales job, instead stressing that it is a "performance based pay financial representative position." Final interview is all about the pay structure, no questions related to finance whatsoever.

Interview Questions

Commission only, not a good first job for someone right out of college

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First interview was meeting with the recruiter- straight forward, laid back, more of a rundown of the company and answering any questions that I may have, inviting me back to meet with a senior partner. Second interview was with a partner- still relatively simple, didn't ask any technical questions, gave his rundown on the company, asked me a few questions, answered any questions I had. Third interview was fully a rundown of the company, presentations on pay structure, benefits, etc. more of them selling the company to you. Fourth and final interview was back again with the partner to finalize the entire process and to assure the two of you would work well together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life in May 2014.

Received email to come in for interview. Asked to wait in lobby. Asked to take personality online survey. Rated on answers. Called in to an interview. Interviewer was great. There is a sub contract where goals have to be met before they offer a perm contract. Training offered as well as a mentor. Sales position.