New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a 30 minute assessment test on a provided computer which required an internet connection. Followed by a person to person interview with the Recruiter, who was very pleasant and only asked very few and basic questions. It was not a very thorough interview at all. Also you have to make sure you bring proper id just to be admitted into the high rise building located near Wall Street.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

The job description was very vague, and the follow up requirements were never communicated to me. This an awful way to start a job. How can you expect the employee to be excited if they are constantly left in the dark and confused.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Three interviews that last over an hour. A lot of prying into my personal life which I felt was borderline inappropriate. The interviewer was nice but I felt that he was telling me what I wanted to hear. He did mention that I would be required to try to sell to friends and family.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

The first interview was a basic tell me about yourself, elevator pitch type interview. The second was more what the job would require, and they had me do a basic skills assessment. The third was what steps we needed to take to get started, as far as tests and stuff.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't that hard. Basic, "why would you be good at this job type?" type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 day interview process. On the first interview we spoke a little about myself, but mostly it was about NY Life and what they did. The second interview was more about them getting to know me. They then sent me an email with a questionnaire for me to fill out. The questionnaire had questions for them to gauge my personality. In the third interview they go over compensation.

Interview Questions

• What would be the reason you think that would make it difficult to succeed at this job?   1 Answer

Not the right fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

met with interviewer and asked me basic questions off a print out sheet. took about an hour, asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in five years and what makes you stand out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (State College, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very conversational. Everyone who works here is easy to get along with (hence why they are financial professionals). If they like your personality and see that you have a drive for success the likelihood that you will get the job is very high. Overall it was a great experience, but if they like you they really try to lure you in before telling you the job is straight commission.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. All pay is commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process lasted 2 rounds. Came in both times to meet with manager contacting me. Asked both general questions and questions about my natural market. Overall was not too difficult but more suitable for candidates with natural markets. Come prepared to answer questions about your suitability for the financial planning industry and career interests.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Some process to get information about me then front to front interview to get the most confident of me. Details really important about the eventual position to be covered from my eventual position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I need to get the license

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Interview went surprisingly smooth, very simple questions in cozy office atmosphere. Just be yourself, do not exaggerate or twist words, reply in simple terms as possible. It kind of hit in the middle of the interview is that they want to see how I would behave in front of a potential customer. So my advice: be as friendly, natural and simple as possible.

Had other family plans.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They had a four step interview process, the first two interviews are simple as long as you act and dress professionally. The third interview goes more in depth, and the fourth they make an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've accomplished in the last 90 days?   Answer Question