New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

2.5

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in March 2008.

Phone call from HR to set up personality & skills test. Then did one on one interview with direct manager, then second interview with other manager.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle another co-worker who accused you of being unprofessional?   Answer Question
No negotiation process; 100% commission

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Financial Service Professional Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

I was contacted by one of the Senior Partners at New York Life after I submitted my resume to my school's career development service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that you regret of doing or something you would done differently in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in April 2012.

Hiring took forever as they kept saying that the approval process takes a while. I have worked in the financial field with other companies and they did not have a problem with getting me in and going right away. Partners are disingenuous with you to try to make It seem like you are fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Was called back for interview two or three days after submitted my resume on my university's career center website. Office was very clean, and filled with very young-looking employees. Most were very friendly-- smiling and nodding to me as I waited near the front desk. Interviewer really only asked me one question-- "tell me about yourself. Take as much time as you think necessary." After this, he told me about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I asked several questions, and afterwards was shown to a computer where I completed a personality profile.

Interview Questions
    • Only asked me to tell him about myself, and then asked me if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life in August 2012.

The Managing Partner I was interviewed by was phenomenal. One month after he hired me, he was transferred to a position down south.

Questions were straight-forward and he totally explained the commission package through a series of two interviews. The first interview was about the position and he just spoke to me to see if I fit into the corporate culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are a good fit in New York Life?   View Answer

I choose another company which was interviewing my at the same time. The other company dealt more with investments which I was more interested in providing.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in May 2012.

Very quick. Want to know if you are willing to call 100-200 people a day.

Not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Life in January 2014.

Spoke to recruiter on phone for pre interview. Proceeded with 3 in person interviews after passing tests. Went through a lengthy background check. The whole process took about a month before I was offered a contract. They check everything from credit to criminal to employment history. They interviews lasted about an hour and included a company information presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

It takes a long time to get contracted and in the meantime there is no salary. You also have to get fingerprinted and licensed to sell insurance for life and health. The office was pretty nice but my first impression was that the people seemed rather cold and sterile but warmed up a lot afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in March 2011.

The company expects you to follow their system. The training seems very helpful, but it lasts for 3 years. There is no base salary. They don't hire international students, so if you are not an US citizen or permanent resident, don't bother to apply for this position.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in January 2011.

The interview process started with the HR. I interviewed with HR for about 40 minutes. She then sent me to the Dept to meet with the hiring managers. I met with a CVP and an AVP. The interview with the CVP was about an hour and the questions were very specific. I then met with the AVP and it took about 45 minutes. Once again, the questions were very specific. At the end of the interview I had a good idea what the job entailed. I was then call again for another interview with a senior VP. That interview was very good and lasted for about an hour.

After the last interview, I waited for another 3 weeks before I was called with an offer. I then accepted the offer and started the job within the next 3 weeks.