New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2014

2.5

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Service Professional Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

I was contacted by one of the Senior Partners at New York Life after I submitted my resume to my school's career development service.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something that you regret of doing or something you would done differently in the past   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2008.

Phone call from HR to set up personality & skills test. Then did one on one interview with direct manager, then second interview with other manager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle another co-worker who accused you of being unprofessional?   Answer Question
    No negotiation process; 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at New York Life in April 2012.

Hiring took forever as they kept saying that the approval process takes a while. I have worked in the financial field with other companies and they did not have a problem with getting me in and going right away. Partners are disingenuous with you to try to make It seem like you are fine

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at New York Life in August 2012.

The Managing Partner I was interviewed by was phenomenal. One month after he hired me, he was transferred to a position down south.

Questions were straight-forward and he totally explained the commission package through a series of two interviews. The first interview was about the position and he just spoke to me to see if I fit into the corporate culture.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel you are a good fit in New York Life?   View Answer

I choose another company which was interviewing my at the same time. The other company dealt more with investments which I was more interested in providing.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in January 2011.

Painless

Interview Questions
    No, this is performance based compensation, but is not only commission.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in May 2012.

Very quick. Want to know if you are willing to call 100-200 people a day.

Not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in June 2010.

First contacted online by a recruiter through my email account. Responded to the e-mail and set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Was later contacted for a second follow-up phone interview. Accepted a 1:1 interview with another recruiter at the Wauwatosa office. Interviewer was relatively rude compared to most interviews I have done in the financial services industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in June 2010.

Got a call from NYL and went in for a 1:1 interview. After this screening interview, I did a computer test and was approved for the 2nd interview. Interviewed with a partner, and was given an assignment to interview people in my personal market. Reported my results to the partner, and now currently waiting to discuss compensation in the hopes of securing this position.

I'm impressed by the company's compensation structure and agent support.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at New York Life in March 2010.

Very lengthy and thorough process. They seem to take their time with candidates. Office was very professionally run and presented. All of the employees that I met were professional, upbeat and positive about the company. The recruitment team has a defined process and I never felt rushed through it. I sat through four interview/educational sessions. Additionally, I asked to meet with some employees to get their take on the company. My request was granted and I found these meetings to be most informative. It was in this meeting that I discovered that not all structure, pay and commission details were revealed previously.

Interview Questions

Lack of a real base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at New York Life.

Was called back for interview two or three days after submitted my resume on my university's career center website. Office was very clean, and filled with very young-looking employees. Most were very friendly-- smiling and nodding to me as I waited near the front desk. Interviewer really only asked me one question-- "tell me about yourself. Take as much time as you think necessary." After this, he told me about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I asked several questions, and afterwards was shown to a computer where I completed a personality profile.

Interview Questions
    • Only asked me to tell him about myself, and then asked me if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!