New York Life Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.4

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Very professional staff and office. I was contacted within a week of responding to a post and had an interview within 1-2 weeks. The process was very thorough and informative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial contact was via email. Subsequent communication was always prompt and courteous. The company seemed very "warm," that is people friendly.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever want to start your own business and why or why not?   1 Answer

Although the position was intriguing, don't think it is the right fit for me.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at New York Life in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted 2-3 days after I sent in my application and scheduled an interview two days later. It was a somewhat formal initial interview getting to know me and my goals/motivation on my career. Most of the questions were about my personality, goals, achievements, and ambitions. They also presented a lot of information about the background of the company which you SHOULD research.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years? Where do you want to be in 10 years?
      It's a simple question but they were trying to see what my ambitions and intents were.

1 Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Was called back for interview two or three days after submitted my resume on my university's career center website. Office was very clean, and filled with very young-looking employees. Most were very friendly-- smiling and nodding to me as I waited near the front desk. Interviewer really only asked me one question-- "tell me about yourself. Take as much time as you think necessary." After this, he told me about the position, and asked if I had any questions. I asked several questions, and afterwards was shown to a computer where I completed a personality profile.

Interview Questions

• Only asked me to tell him about myself, and then asked me if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at New York Life (Tacoma, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter on phone for pre interview. Proceeded with 3 in person interviews after passing tests. Went through a lengthy background check. The whole process took about a month before I was offered a contract. They check everything from credit to criminal to employment history. They interviews lasted about an hour and included a company information presentation.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2013.

Interview

They posted a position on a job site. Got called the same day and was in for a screening interview with an HR screener. Was invited back with the partner and then asked to attend a compensation presentation outlining their the pay structure. This meeting was also a sales pitch for the company: history, stability, ratings, etc. But it also was designed to show in detail the seeming ease of making over 6 figures in a year with the company. Was invited again to be given an offer.

Company was very buttoned-up in suits and business attire as would be expected in a financial company. Managers/partners were in their own offices. Things seemed a bit hushed. Not much laughing or even much talking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you failed at and how did you respond? (Standard job interview question.)   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

The phone and in-person interviews were very conversational, getting-to-know-you. I met with the supervisor 3 times probably because the supervisor had some other interviews scheduled and our interview ran for too long.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't difficult at all. The supervisor just talked about a situation and ask you to share your opinion.   Answer Question

Financial Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the Senior Partners at New York Life after I submitted my resume to my school's career development service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you regret of doing or something you would done differently in the past   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in September 2012.

Interview

There is a multi-meeting process when looking to join New York Life. The initial sit down interview is just a basic meet and greet to make sure you have acceptable personal skills and manners for the position. If you are moved to the next step, you will be given invited to a group interview where you get all the details of the position and earning potential. You should also be asked to complete and online survey to see your personality compatability with the desired role. At the end of the 2nd interview you are given 15 marketing surveys to complete before you can recieve a final interview. They require that you call people and ask them a series of questions and also get 3 referrals that you can do the survey with. Finally you are invited back for the final interview where you are typcially given a contract. From there you need to start making calls and get your licenses. As with most commission only opportunities, if you want the job and you have average personal skills it is yours to take.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life (Southfield, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

The Managing Partner I was interviewed by was phenomenal. One month after he hired me, he was transferred to a position down south.

Questions were straight-forward and he totally explained the commission package through a series of two interviews. The first interview was about the position and he just spoke to me to see if I fit into the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good fit in New York Life?   1 Answer

I choose another company which was interviewing my at the same time. The other company dealt more with investments which I was more interested in providing.