New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Syosset, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received an email, I responded, going on 1 week I haven't met with the director when I finally arrive, there was an emergency. Met with another associate took an assessment review and was given some material to check out and asked to contact recruiter to reschedule for the next day or so. Not sure if I want to go forward because I believe this is a commission based job and I need a sure thing not a wish and a pray with a struggle going forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed, what company did you work for, have you sold anything....sales job obviously.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to all the hiring process i still study for my license, they pay for school and the first exam.But I realized that i need 200 prospective for start my book, and i found very difficult,first because someone Says "I don't wanna be bothered"second NYL doesn't provide any expense as long as you are able to close the minimum. I like my recruiter, he is very helpful, but I feel there s to much different between a rookie and a older agent, I mean about expenses allowances.I don't know if I keep going forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wall, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Wall, NJ).

Interview

Three interview process, 1st interview to get to know each other and the company. 2nd interview give an overview of the position and how to be successful. Given homework to call fifteen people you know and ask them to answer a questionnaire to get a feel and understand if you are able to complete the job requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and came in and met with the recruiter two days later. Good interview where recruiter extolled all the great virtues of the company. It's a great company, no denying that. Makes it sound very easy to succeed in the business. Came back a few days later for 2nd interview with managing director of office for ~30 mins then sat in a pre-training session with 2 others. Managing director gave me prospect forms to call people I know with a survey to get a feel for what the position would be like.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Interview

Great interviewers and very detailed. I have taken a lot of information at each interview. each interview was a week apart and I found it very helpful as you can think about it and do some reaserch.

Interview Questions

• did not have any compromising question, they were all very resonable   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

They found my resume on the wed, contacted by phone, set up an interview. Basically they were not interviewing me, but advertising this position, trying to convince me to work for them. Since it was 100% commission based position, i decided not to proceed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Sunrise, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I had like 3 interviews with recruiter and general office manager, also a personality test, I was advised how to get ready for my State Insurance license, and was advised about my compensation plan

Interview Questions

• look for 25 friends and family to make a list of possible prospect   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

Interview

There were three interviews two one on one and the last one was a panel with the managing partners. Overall a wonderful company to work for with outstanding benefits.