New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

2.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

It was long..... We met almost a dozen times. They do a credit check, a background check, and there are mounds of paperwork. Yet you want it, because it's worth it. The office is beautiful. The people in the office are professions and friendly, and it's a great opportunity. It's definitely not an easy job to get. They want to make quadruple sure that you're the real thing. Still go for it. It IS worth it.

Interview Questions
  • "How much do you want it?" I know it doesn't seem like a hard question. You could say anything. But they want specifics. They want to know how much you need to make a living, and what desire you have and whether you're willing to work hard for it. It's definitely a loaded question.   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

I had 4 interviews but every day is kind of like an interview. They expect you to hit your projections every week.

Interview Questions
    • What were my motivation for working for New York Life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

great process and very thorough

long process but worth it, 4 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

An extended process, with at least 6-8 meetings with management. You are expected to wear formal business attire, be punctual, be prepared, First meeting is group meeting, then one on one meetings are held. A formal background check is required. You initial contract offered will be a temporary contract, with a minimum sales quota is required. If this is not met within 6 months, then you will not be offered a formal contract.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to take a test that measured personality   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life.

In the second round of interviews, not behavioral based. Be ready to answer compensation questions. Everyone at the office was nice and professional. The partner that interviewed me was a great conversationalist and was not afraid to ask the tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to make the money that this job can provide?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in May 2013.

Easy and plainness. You take a test to see how "motivated" you are to take the job. The interview was a one on one with a New York Life manager. They will review the questionnaire that you answer and proceed to ask a few other questions about availability and experience.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you motivated?" Of course, I wouldn't have applied.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Great interviewers and very detailed. I have taken a lot of information at each interview. each interview was a week apart and I found it very helpful as you can think about it and do some reaserch.

Interview Questions
    • did not have any compromising question, they were all very resonable   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

4 interview selection process, they get to know you and you get to know them

Interview Questions
    Preliminary contract is non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in July 2010.

It was very thorough. Step by step. I had some homework to do. The recruiter was very informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

Manager was pretty clear about what the job actually was. I had three interviews, one on campus, managing partner and my manager again. There wasn't any sugar coating it that it was a hard job but they asked questions to see if you were a good fit.