New York Life

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was long..... We met almost a dozen times. They do a credit check, a background check, and there are mounds of paperwork. Yet you want it, because it's worth it. The office is beautiful. The people in the office are professions and friendly, and it's a great opportunity. It's definitely not an easy job to get. They want to make quadruple sure that you're the real thing. Still go for it. It IS worth it.

Interview Question – "How much do you want it?" I know it doesn't seem like a hard question. You could say anything. But they want specifics. They want to know how much you need to make a living, and what desire you have and whether you're willing to work hard for it. It's definitely a loaded question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews but every day is kind of like an interview. They expect you to hit your projections every week.

Interview Question – What were my motivation for working for New York Life.   Answer Question

South Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – great process and very thorough

Interview Question – why do you have a hard time with nos.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – long process but worth it, 4 interviews

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

Interview Details – An extended process, with at least 6-8 meetings with management. You are expected to wear formal business attire, be punctual, be prepared, First meeting is group meeting, then one on one meetings are held. A formal background check is required. You initial contract offered will be a temporary contract, with a minimum sales quota is required. If this is not met within 6 months, then you will not be offered a formal contract.

Interview Question – You will need to take a test that measured personality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in May 2013.

Interview Details – Easy and plainness. You take a test to see how "motivated" you are to take the job. The interview was a one on one with a New York Life manager. They will review the questionnaire that you answer and proceed to ask a few other questions about availability and experience.

Interview Question – "Are you motivated?" Of course, I wouldn't have applied.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interview selection process, they get to know you and you get to know them

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Preliminary contract is non negotiable

Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was very thorough. Step by step. I had some homework to do. The recruiter was very informative.

Interview Question – Asking about my past financial background   Answer Question

Vienna, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at New York Life in May 2009.

Interview Details – Manager was pretty clear about what the job actually was. I had three interviews, one on campus, managing partner and my manager again. There wasn't any sugar coating it that it was a hard job but they asked questions to see if you were a good fit.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – The interview process is three steps. They don't try to throw any curves at you. They will have you complete a small marketing project as well.

Interview Question – None come to mind. Just make sure to do some research on the company and have questions ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for an agent salary

Insurance Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at New York Life.

Interview Details – Very good interview process. Initial contact with managing partner was very positive. Flexible with my schedule to meet. It was a 4 part interview that was informative and energizing a the same time. It wasn't so much of the "drink our kool aid" type of interviews. The overall experience was quite good and I never felt any pressure to hurry and sign up.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself with our company in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!