New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in October 2011.

It was long..... We met almost a dozen times. They do a credit check, a background check, and there are mounds of paperwork. Yet you want it, because it's worth it. The office is beautiful. The people in the office are professions and friendly, and it's a great opportunity. It's definitely not an easy job to get. They want to make quadruple sure that you're the real thing. Still go for it. It IS worth it.

Interview Questions
  • "How much do you want it?" I know it doesn't seem like a hard question. You could say anything. But they want specifics. They want to know how much you need to make a living, and what desire you have and whether you're willing to work hard for it. It's definitely a loaded question.   View Answer
None.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

I had 4 interviews but every day is kind of like an interview. They expect you to hit your projections every week.

Interview Questions
    • What were my motivation for working for New York Life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in August 2010.

An extended process, with at least 6-8 meetings with management. You are expected to wear formal business attire, be punctual, be prepared, First meeting is group meeting, then one on one meetings are held. A formal background check is required. You initial contract offered will be a temporary contract, with a minimum sales quota is required. If this is not met within 6 months, then you will not be offered a formal contract.

Interview Questions
    • You will need to take a test that measured personality   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life.

great process and very thorough

long process but worth it, 4 interviews

Insurance Agent Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in November 2013.

4 interview selection process, they get to know you and you get to know them

Interview Questions
    Preliminary contract is non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in May 2013.

Easy and plainness. You take a test to see how "motivated" you are to take the job. The interview was a one on one with a New York Life manager. They will review the questionnaire that you answer and proceed to ask a few other questions about availability and experience.

Interview Questions
    • "Are you motivated?" Of course, I wouldn't have applied.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New York Life in February 2012.

There were three interviews two one on one and the last one was a panel with the managing partners. Overall a wonderful company to work for with outstanding benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at New York Life in October 2009.

Three step interview about how much money you can make if you hit set goals and numbers. A bit misleading for a new hire, but there is plenty of money to be made there.

Interview Questions
    • What are your dreams... a lot of details about dreaming big.   Answer Question
    None.

Insurance Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at New York Life.

The interview process is three steps. They don't try to throw any curves at you. They will have you complete a small marketing project as well.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. Just make sure to do some research on the company and have questions ready.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for an agent salary

Insurance Agent Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at New York Life.

Very good interview process. Initial contact with managing partner was very positive. Flexible with my schedule to meet. It was a 4 part interview that was informative and energizing a the same time. It wasn't so much of the "drink our kool aid" type of interviews. The overall experience was quite good and I never felt any pressure to hurry and sign up.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself with our company in 10 years?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase.

Worked for New York Life? Contribute to the Community!