New York Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Mateo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first time I went to New York Life was for a group presentation where the Senior Partner talked about the careers at New York Life .I then had to complete a brief questionnaire/personality test to determine if this was an opportunity for which I might be suited. After completed it, I got a call to set up a one-one interview. The interview was a one on one with the Senior Partner where he went over the benefits of working at New York Life, explanations of how life insurance works and asked me classic interview-type questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2015.

Interview

They call me and gave me an appointment next day, so I went and they were asking me several questions about my experiences and my expectations. Then they told me about the job.

Interview Questions

Because it was not what I was expecting.

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Carmel, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Three Interviews. First weeds out the candidates who can't make the cut, Second Explains Compensation, and you decide if you have the guts to bet on your self. If you make it to the third interview, welcome to New York Life.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Dimas, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

there is a 3 step interview process. they interview a lot of people but don't accept many. but the interviews are very informative but confidence is key when you interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews. First a phone interview, then 3 in person interviews. First they get to know you. Then they educate you about themselves. then they talk about the position in detail.

Interview Questions

• Not many difficult or unexpected questions. They just learn about your background and determine weather or not you will be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

In the second round of interviews, not behavioral based. Be ready to answer compensation questions. Everyone at the office was nice and professional. The partner that interviewed me was a great conversationalist and was not afraid to ask the tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to make the money that this job can provide?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

Interview

Great interviewers and very detailed. I have taken a lot of information at each interview. each interview was a week apart and I found it very helpful as you can think about it and do some reaserch.

Interview Questions

• did not have any compromising question, they were all very resonable   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

They have a 4 interview process, that I found to be very repetitive. I suppose to make sure that you were consistent in your answers to the questions. Each time we met we also covered a part of their business plan or how they would identify a client.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were straight forward. What your biggest strength? Whats your biggest weakness? ETC   Answer Question

They say they don't cold call, instead they wanted me to badger my friends and family. I wasn't comfortable trying to persuade friends and family to buy policies.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Very simple, the company is looking to sell you on the position and the benefits that can come with success. They really are looking to make sure you can hold conversation, and can represent the company in a positive way. There are four interviews but after the first, they focus more on what the company offers, more than your actual skills

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Louisville, KY) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a four step process. Initial interview with basic interview questions and an overview of New York Life. Second Interview was a group interview going over compensation package and our chance as interviewees to ask questions, and a third interview where I presented a packet that I answered a booklet full of questions and answered more questions. I had to also present at least 50 people I thought I would approach about selling life insurance to and I reviewed that list with my interviewer.