New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I met with the interviewer and we discussed her background, my background, and how the company helps its agents succeed. We also briefly talked about how the compensation works but there is another meeting for that that occurs a week or so after the initial interview. Finally I was taken to another office to fill out a basic application that took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. We introduced ourselves. He indirectly asked our background. The recruiter introduced himself and gave a sales pitch for a job position I didn't apply for. It was interesting. I wasn't quite sure if I was a prospective employee or client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at New York Life (San Dimas, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Talk with a partner (manager). The conversation goes into the history of New York LIfe and its strengths. Some background information is shared by the partner and his/her history with the company. From there, they will being to ask you few behavioral questions to see if this job is suited for you.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life in July 2015.

Interview

It seemed like Everything that was done is for the purpose of getting more contacts. 2 hour interview where the hiring manager refused to tell us Salary and benefits until the next interview...could grow old before I found out the important details. They wanted references + 3 others people's information (I think so they could pitch the job to more people).

Interview Questions

Because the hiring manager kept stressing how much money ($170,000) we would make it made me think that it was going to be not even near that amount. Something didn't feel right.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through LinkedIn, standard and very comfortable interview. Interviewer "laid all the cards out on the table" and was honest.But they really tried to convince me to work there. They made me fill out a short survey after the interview was completed. Got offered a second interview out of three but turned it down since it wasn't for me.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

3 part process that was very informative and let interviewer know what he was looking for in me. Some things covered we personal experinces and how we can relate them to task that will be presented later in my career

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. First interview with a partner, second was a compensation meeting where they make you believe you can earn six figures in first year. Third interview was more difficult, but still got an offer to start training. They have high turnover so will hire anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long meeting, not really a interview. More of them just talking at you. They took more than 2 hours selling us the company and history. It was very very odd.

Interview Questions

• They gave a us a personality survey on our phones which was very word.   Answer Question