New York Life

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.5

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at New York Life in May 2014.

It feels like they are trying to sell the position to me and makes me believe that there are a lot of potentials to make a lot of money.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in May 2014.

The interview process took a couple of weeks. There were 3 interviews total, all with the same person - a partner. The first interview consisted of asking me questions about myself. Then, there was a personality test. The 2nd interview was to tell me about the company, followed by a class about the compensation package, benefits, etc. The final interview was to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Wasn't interested in a job with no base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at New York Life in May 2014.

I have no experience with insurance or sales and I was called in for an interview. The interview itself consisted of watching a video of what the company was about and the inevitable questions from the employer. None of the questions were difficult at all. I was asked to come back in for an informational session. After the interview I decided not to go back, the employer was looking for personnel to work more long term than I could provide. The overall atmosphere was great and I would recommend to someone who is looking for quick work.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were very general interview questions. Employer is looking for personnel who connect with others and are great with sales.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview was pretty painless. I spoke with a Managing Partner and he gave me details of the company and what the potential income i could earn as an agent.

Interview Questions
    • New York Life checks everything on your resume and also your background as well as your credit. If anything pops up you will have to fix before you get an offer   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

I went on two interviews with NY Life. I believe they found my resume on Career builder, as they were 1 of about 15 insurance companies to contact me. I liked the people that I met with, thought they were all very nice and personable.
    They make it very clear that there is potential to make a lot of money if you work with them.

I definitely felt I was being "sold", rather than being interviewed. I did my homework on the company, but I didn't feel that they did their homework on me.

I was told in my first interview that I had been flagged for a management position. I found out later that the management opportunity wouldn't come for several years.

The position is 100% commission. They will try and skirt any questions about compensation until the 3rd interview.

If this sort of position is your bag. Then go for it. Not for me though.

Interview Questions
    • I was not really asked any traditional interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in March 2014.

The interview process was very different. It started with a personality test that you must pass in order to get a second interview. Next, questions needed to be answered on a computer, and you typed them out rather then speaking face to face. Then after you answered the questions you would talk about your answers in person.

Interview Questions
    • When did you make a bad decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Referred by current employee, introduced to hiring manager

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Went on interview, pretty standard. Had me fill out some qualifiers online, then talked in person

Took a different offer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2013.

Met recruiter through a career fair and was interviewed shortly thereafter. The offer was made shortly after the interview. Complete psychological test was completed. The offer was made within 3 weeks.

None as the employment criteria for sales agents is quite set.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Initially met an agent at a career expo. Got a call the next day to set up an interview. After the first interview, got scheduled for a second interview the upcoming week. After the second interview, got a packet for a sales project to get me started.

Interview Questions

It just didn't feel right for me.