New York Life Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.5

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Relatively easy and laid back. Three interview process. After the first interview you are asked to take a test to see if you are cut out for the industry or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It takes about 3 days. I got a call to schedule an interview. And the first interview went about 1 hour. At the end they let me take a personality test.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through LinkedIn, standard and very comfortable interview. Interviewer "laid all the cards out on the table" and was honest.But they really tried to convince me to work there. They made me fill out a short survey after the interview was completed. Got offered a second interview out of three but turned it down since it wasn't for me.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Interview

3 part process that was very informative and let interviewer know what he was looking for in me. Some things covered we personal experinces and how we can relate them to task that will be presented later in my career

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. First interview with a partner, second was a compensation meeting where they make you believe you can earn six figures in first year. Third interview was more difficult, but still got an offer to start training. They have high turnover so will hire anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long meeting, not really a interview. More of them just talking at you. They took more than 2 hours selling us the company and history. It was very very odd.

Interview Questions

• They gave a us a personality survey on our phones which was very word.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

It was very easy, consisted of a few brief interviews on multiple different days. They had easy questions, about life future and what you want from the company, why your an asset ect. Its a revolving door, they will pretty much hire anyone

Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (North Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview and most of the people who were there didn't even know anything about the position. The entire interview took more than one hour and I had to pay for parking.

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of questions, besides the name and a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It feels like they are trying to sell the position to me and makes me believe that there are a lot of potentials to make a lot of money.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at New York Life (Glendale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process took a couple of weeks. There were 3 interviews total, all with the same person - a partner. The first interview consisted of asking me questions about myself. Then, there was a personality test. The 2nd interview was to tell me about the company, followed by a class about the compensation package, benefits, etc. The final interview was to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Wasn't interested in a job with no base salary.